Please contact Shirin directly if interested
As promised, below is a job description for the position I mentioned to you. It would be great if you could pass it on to potential candidates. It seems like we will have lots of work in a very near future and we will likely hire more than one person.
MTEK Sciences is a health research company specializing in pattern recognition in health outcomes. We are currently looking for a statistician to join our growing team of statisticians, epidemiologists,
and clinical experts. The statistician will report to senior statisticians and the managing directors and work closely with all members of the team. The primary responsibility of the statistician will be to contribute to the design and analysis plans of innovative
clinical studies for global health interventions.
The key responsibilities of the Statistician include, but are not limited to:
and analyzing large (and often heterogeneous) data sets available from clinical trials or observational studies;
- Contribute to development of statistical methods applied to global health research questions;
- Perform simulation studies to inform the design of innovative clinical trials;
- Support development of manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed scientific and medical journal;
- Contribute to the preparation of statistical analysis plans;
- Support research associates and project managers in data management.
- MSc in Statistics or Biostatistics;
- Highly proficient in one or more of the main statistical software packages (e.g., R, SAS);
- Effective communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills; ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment and to maintain a high level of efficiency and accuracy;
- Proficiency in Bayesian statistics an asset.
are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. Efforts have been made to make the job description as complete as possible. However, due to changing workforce requirements,
specified outlined duties may change. Thus, the omission of certain areas does not exclude accountability or responsibility.