Dear Statistical Society of Canada,
Environics Analytics (EA) is a company specializing in marketing analytics that is based in Toronto. It serves Canada and the USA, and it offers databases, software, and consulting services for customer
insights. Its clients span many industries - finance, retail, telecommunications, insurance, real estate, government, energy, and non-profit, just to name a few.
EA currently has 3 job postings. To apply, please visit
Here are brief descriptions of the 2 roles that are suitable for statisticians.
1) Research Associate - Research and Development.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Research & Development (R&D), the role of Research Associates on the R&D team is to design and actualize new data-driven products and solutions.
The first aspect involves examining new (mostly geographic) data sources and identifying opportunities for capturing new information (and vice versa). The second aspect involves developing prototype solutions, generally in the form of datasets and estimates.
Successful applicants must have an affinity and aptitude for working with data, preferably spatially-linked data in a large variety of formats and sizes. Priority will be given to applicants with an eye for detail and a love of quantitative social science.
The qualifications required for this role are:
Education: University studies in Applied Mathematics, Geography, Economics, Engineering, Marketing, Sociology, Statistics or related field.
- Data wrangling
- Exploratory data analysis
- Relational databases and SQL
- GIS software
- Experience working with Census, survey and other data sources in the U.S. or Canada
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products – especially Excel
2) Data Science Analyst - Data Mining and Reporting
Reporting to the Director of Data Science, the Analyst, Data Science is responsible for bringing together complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from a myriad of sources to execute
client projects. This individual will participate in the development and implementation of Environics Analytics’ (EA) advanced marketing analytics capabilities and techniques to meet clients’ business needs. This individual must be detail oriented, have excellent
verbal and written communication skills and a strong client service orientation.
Please note that this role focuses more on business analytics and business reporting than statistics or mathematics. The qualifications required for this role are:
Education: Post-secondary degree in Geography, Business or related field
- Possesses programming skills to allow for self-sufficiency in handling data (Alteryx, SQL, SAS, SPSS).
- Expertise in all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Must be comfortable working with large quantities of data.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel and Tableau are required.
Thank you for your interest and consideration.