Begin forwarded message:
[d-ssc] Statistical Research Assistant, Research Institute of the MUHC, Montreal
November 1, 2018 at 10:53:27 AM PDT
information about the mailing list is at:
you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg, switch to
from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit your
can also make such adjustments via email by sending a message to:
the word `help' in the subject or body (don't include the
and you will get back a message with instructions.
JOB TITLE: Statistical Research Assistant
RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
POSITION SUMMARY A research assistant is sought to work with Dr. Sapir-Pichhadze on the Genome Canada funded Large
Scale Applied Research Project, Precision Medicine Can PREVENT AMR, which represents a national initiative for the development and implementation of tools, approaches and techniques aimed at the prevention of kidney transplant rejection.
Under the guidance of Dr Sapir-Pichhadze, the Statistical Research Assistant based at the RI-MUHC Centre for Outcomes Research and evaluation (CORE) will interact closely with a vibrant and inter-disciplinary team including
clinical researchers, genetic statisticians, biostatisticians, pathologists, histocompatibility experts and experts in genomics, immunology and epidemiology and work in collaboration with Génome Quebec (GQ), Genome British Columbia (GBC), Genome Alberta (GA)
and 14 provincial and national transplant programs and histocompatibility laboratories. The statistical research assistant will be responsible for data merging, management, and statistical analysis for retrospective and prospective multicenter cohorts. The
research assistant will also participate in routine laboratory activities (team meetings, manuscript preparation), and assist the team in statistical analysis for new and ongoing projects.
- Large datasets development and data management;
- Statistical analyses on genetic data using standard statistical software;
- Longitudinal data analysis (e.g. survival analyses, multilevel modeling, repeated measures analyses, competing risks, cluster analysis, random forests, etc.);
- Utilization of high performance platforms such as Compute Québec / Compute Canada.
- Interpretation and summary of statistical analyses and results;
- Generation of publication quality reports and graphics;
- Participation in academic manuscript drafting, analytic plans and technical reports;
- Collaboration with other researchers and statisticians
- Graduate training in Mathematics, Bioinformatics, Computational biology, Computer sciences, Statistics or Biostatistics;
- Familiarity with human genetics and/or genetic statistics;
- Experience with statistical programs such as R, STATA, SAS;
- Familiarity with Compute Canada/Quebec Platforms is an advantage;
- Experience in programming;
- Self-directed, organized and able to work both independently and as a part of a team;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
Status: Temporary, full-time, one-year contract (renewal possibility).
Work Site : Centre for Outcomes Research & Evaluation Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre 5252 boul de Maisonneuve O
Please submit resumé and cover letter to:
CanPrevent AMR Scientific project manager for Dr. Ruth Sapir-Pichhadze
Centre for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (CORE)
Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre
This is not a hospital position.
Research Institute of the MUHC encourages equity in employment.
This job offer is conditional upon the obtainment of a valid work permit.
The masculine gender has been used for brevity and includes the feminine gender.