Begin forwarded message:
Subject: [d-ssc] Biostatistician (Permanent) in Calgary, AB
Date: September 24, 2019 at 4:04:50 PM GMT+1
_______________________________________________General information about the mailing list is at:http://three.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/d-sscIf you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg, switch toor from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit yoursubscription page at:http://three.pairlist.net/mailman/options/d-ssc/You can also make such adjustments via email by sending a message to:firstname.lastname@example.org the word `help' in the subject or body (don't include thequotes), and you will get back a message with instructions.______________________________d-ssc mailing email@example.com://pairlist3.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/d-ssc
I am writing to you on behalf of Medlior Health Outcomes Research Ltd., an independent research consultancy located in Calgary. Medlior provides health economics and outcomes research services to clients in Canada, the US and the UK.
We currently have a job opening for a full-time Biostatistician (please see below). For those interested in the position, please send your resumes and cover letters to HR@medlior.com
Thank you and have a great day!
This email communication and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and or proprietary information and is provided for the use of the intended recipient only. Any review, retransmission or dissemination of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please contact the sender and delete this communication and any copies immediately. Position:
Medlior Health Outcomes Research Ltd. (Medlior) invites applications for a Biostatistician position.
Reporting to the Principal, the Biostatistician is responsible for leading a variety of diverse analytical research projects, under the supervision and guidance of the Principal Consultant. The Biostatistician will work as part of the Medlior team to complete a variety of project-related tasks, including, but not limited to, client liaising, training and mentoring junior staff, as well as having responsibility for project deliverables. Given the nature of the position, applicants should be comfortable with shifting priorities and a variable work-load.
Given the nature of the position, applicants should be comfortable with shifting priorities, a variable work-load, guiding diverse teams and working within the constraints of tight timelines.
The responsibilities of the Biostatistician include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leading projects, including project management responsibilities and liaising with clients;
- Developing complex statistical analysis plans;
- Analyzing and reporting on diverse health outcomes research projects;
- Draft and ensure timely execution of project plans;
- Successfully deliver projects to highest quality standard and within expected timelines and budget;
- Provide technical and strategic consultation to clients and guidance to staff and contribute to development and maintenance of client relationships;
- Oversee conduct of the studies from kickoff to delivery of final product;
- Managing staff by participating in recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees;
- Coaching, mentoring and developing staff, including supporting employee onboarding and career development plans for junior members of staff;
- Developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards;
- Supervising and mentoring junior staff on assigned projects;
- Comply with all Medlior policies and procedures; and
- Work in the best interests of Medlior and in accordance with the Core Values
- A research-based Masters degree or PhD, including work experience in a health-research related field;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with healthcare-related research (a combination of education and/or experience may be considered);
- Experience with relevant software tools, including SAS and Microsoft Office;
- Self-directed, and an ability to work successfully within a set timeframe;
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the Medlior team, and the ability to work in an environment of continuous change and growth;
- Strong technical education in health sciences, with experience in outcomes research;
- Ability to translate technical concepts to clinicians and other health sciences professionals;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Leadership skills, able to supervise, oversee and critically appraise work of team members;
- Demonstrated ability to connect with people and build relationships across multidisciplinary teams;
- A mature attitude, with initiative and a firm commitment to job ownership;
- An eye for details;
- Collaborative and persuasive, with good listening skills;
- Eligibility to work in Canada.
Graduate degree in Statistics with 10 years experience in health outcomes research consulting or the pharmaceutical industry.
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience.
Medlior is a boutique Canadian consultancy, based in Calgary, Alberta. Medlior was established in 2008 and maintains a strong reputation for providing Health Outcomes Research Services for clients in the US, UK, and Canada. To learn more, please visit www.medlior.com
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.