Begin forwarded message:
Subject: [d-ssc] BC Public Service career opportunity - Director of Analytics - Early Years, CYSN and Youth Justice
Date: November 18, 2019 at 2:11:03 PM GMT-5
_______________________________________________General information about the mailing list is at:http://three.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/d-sscIf you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg, switch toor from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit yoursubscription page at:http://three.pairlist.net/mailman/options/d-ssc/You can also make such adjustments via email by sending a message to:firstname.lastname@example.org the word `help' in the subject or body (don't include thequotes), and you will get back a message with instructions.______________________________d-ssc mailing email@example.com://pairlist3.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/d-ssc
Ministry of Children and Family Development
Director of Analytics - Early Years, CYSN and Youth Justice
$90,900.08 – $118,400.03 annually
Through its modelling and forecasting, analysis, performance measurement, evaluation and project management work the Modelling, Analysis and Information Management Branch provides quality information and advice to ministry decision makers that address the ministry’s policy, program and performance management needs. The work of the branch spans and serves the ministry’s six ministry service delivery areas (early childhood education and child care, child and youth special needs, child and youth mental health, child welfare and protection, adoptions and youth justice) and ministry support areas including quality assurance and finance.
The Director of Analytics – Early Years, CYSN and Youth Justice, is responsible for directing evaluative research and economic analysis in support of government and ministry goals, priorities, and policies, ensuring reliable and valid comprehensive analysis and information support, and ensuring quality assurance to provide accurate and reliable analysis and data. The Director leads statistical analysis, including forecasting, explanatory and predictive modelling, and fact-based management to drive evidence based decision making throughout the ministry. The Director works with the branch’s Information Management unit in the development and maintenance of data model, business requirements and tools to meet the changing needs of the ministry, and works closely with the Director, Information Management and Director, Analytics – Child Welfare, CYMH, and Adoptions in ensuring the ministry’s analytics and information needs are met.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Master’s degree in economics (or equivalent field such as Statistics, Commerce or Mathematics) and recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Related experience includes:
- developing strategies, options and methodologies to conduct data analysis, manipulation and interpretation including oversight of methods and data quality assurance;
- working with statistical and data processing programming languages (e.g. SQL, R, Python, Stata), data modelling and business area analysis techniques;
- applied economic and statistical modelling
- leading and supervising staff including developing and evaluating performance goals; coaching, team building, and mentoring;
- collaborating with partners and stakeholders to develop and enhance evaluation and analytic frameworks to support a changing sector;
For more information and to apply online by December 6, 2019, please go to:https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/65487
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.