I’m hiring for a Master/PhD intern for Treasury Analytics/Assets and Liabilities Management at CIBC. The detailed job description is attached and also quoted at the bottom. Time: March 2020 to July 2020 Location: Downtown Toronto Application process: email me your resumes directly. Only those who are selected will be contacted. Deadline: December 31, 2020 or until filled. We plan to have our interviewing process running from December 2019 to January 2020. Re-posting, forwarding and referral are highly appreciated! Sr. Director | Treasury Analytics | Canada | CIBC Internship, Data Science and Behavioural Modelling, Treasury Analytics
We’re hiring an intern for a four-month internship program at CIBC from March 2020 to July 2020. We’re on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we’re looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what’s right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
As a member on the Treasury Analytics team you will develop data driven strategies to validate inferences on observed product behaviors and develop predictive models.
You will be working in behavioural modeling, research & model development incorporating best practices in statistical modeling, advanced data science techniques, AI/machine learning, data management and visualization.
You will be supporting production implementation of behavioral parameters and associated implementation governance.
You will be maintaining and developing documentation for model use and addressing recommendations from independent model reviews.
What does the team look like?
Treasury Analytics of CIBC is at the intersection of customer behaviour data science and financial engineering modelling paradigms. We are a small nimble agile team: current or alumni of Treasury Analytics which is part of Asset-Liability Management are software engineers, financial engineers, computer scientists, statisticians and economists have worked at Amazon, Apple, Microsoft and Goeff Hiton’s Machine Learning and Neural Network team and other Canadian banks.
As an example, our 2019 (PhD) intern has developed a GLM model for consumer mortgage prepayment behaviours, led a presentation and discussion with executives and authored a model paper in four months of the internship.
How You’ll Succeed
· You have statistical, mathematical, analytical, graphical reporting, database management/querying, and computer programming/software expertise in Python, R, MatLab, SQL or similar languages.
· You have excellent verbal and writing skills to effectively articulate ideas and opinions that involve analysis, interpretation, and assessment.
· You will be acting as a mentor to the team using your modeling expertise and experience to ensure operational effectiveness to deliver goals
· You will leverage your quantitative experience and creativity to solve complex problems.
Who You Are
· Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
· You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
· You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
· You embrace and champion change. You'll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
· You love to learn. You're passionate about growing your knowledge, and you know that there is no limit to what you can achieve.
· Preferred: You have 5-10 years of experience in a Treasury or finance function and a Master/PhD in scientific or other quantitative science fields such as statistics, economics and finance.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
· Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
· Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
· Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
· Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary
What You Need to Know
· CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
· You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
· This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week.