Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General
$71,298.93 - $81,387.14 annually
A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
The position coordinates and conducts large-scale branch wide evaluations and research to inform the development of evidence-based policy and programs that can have significant financial implications. This role requires extensive knowledge of the principles of research and analysis acquired through formal post-secondary course work and significant analysis experience with business intelligence/operational data systems.
The Senior Researcher supports program and/or policy development goals through the development and delivery of research and evaluation studies, and communication of findings through various forums including working groups, committees, and Treasury Board briefings. The Senior Researcher provides direct support to the Director by applying its enhanced understanding and knowledge of research and statistical theories and methods in their work with research staff. Working collaboratively with the Director, the position exercises their judgement and discretion in setting research unit priorities, providing training and quality management practices with staff.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Minimum three years demonstrated experience in designing and conducting quantitative research.
- Experience developing, implementing and managing statistical/research/evaluation projects of significant size, complexity and importance.
- Experience with project management.
- Experience working with stake holders, client groups, partner agencies, and senior management.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
· Experience conducting qualitative research.
· Experience working with SQL and/or Cognos BI.