New Research Funding
New Research Funding for HRM Candidates
The HRM Program is pleased to announce two Mitacs Accelerate research internships for the next five years (2019–2023). Interns will receive up to $15,000 in support to work with Nlaka'pamux Nation Tribal Council (NNTC) and Teck Highland Valley Copper Operations representatives.
Interns will work on one of the following priority projects:
- Application of remote sensing data, including LIDAR, in archaeological survey.
- Lithic sourcing analysis and regional movement of lithic materials.
- Evaluation and application of GPS and survey instruments for site mapping.
- Analysis of collected matrix samples (palaeobotanial analysis and/or palynology)
- Re-analysis of lithic assemblages (including significant collections housed at the Royal BC Museum).
Program applicants interested in pursuing master's thesis research on one of these projects should include a clear statement of their interest and capacities in their HRM Program application.
Thanks to Dr. Michael Klassen (ARCH 531 course co-author and HRM Program Associate) and his colleagues at the Nlaka'pamux Nation Tribal Council (NNTC) and Teck Highland Valley Copper Operations.