- Records Management
- About FIPPA
- Access to Information (FOI)
- Breaches & Complaints
- Changes & Corrections
- Information Disclosure
- Privacy Impact Assessments
- Links and Resources
- Digital preservation
- Staff resources
- Faculty resources
- Researcher resources
- Donor resources
- Mission, vision and values
- Contact us
- Feedback and comments
- Archival Film Flashes Back to 70s Student Life
- Manuscript Traces SFU's Architectural History
- Early University News Publications Now Digitally Available
- Digitized Programs Commemorate SFU’s Opening & Installation Ceremonies
- Archives Celebrates Fall Convocation with Release of Digitized Programs
- Films Capture Visual History and Sentiment of Time Gone By
- Lost and Found: Simon Fraser Letters
- Oral History Provides Glimpse into Mind of SFU’s First Chancellor Gordon Shrum
- Early SFU Photos Tell a Story That Frames Our World
- Aerial Photos Capture Campus Landscape & Photographer’s Legacy
- You have what...?!! and other interesting things you didn't know about the SFU Archives
- Charting the course of history: documenting SFU's early days from the student perspective (Part 1)
- Charting the course of history: documenting SFU's early days from the student perspective (Part 2)
- Helping others find their history in the future: Preserving the records of the Students of Caribbean and African Ancestry at SFU
- Preserving the sparks of global revolution in the Adbusters Media Foundation fonds
- Reflections of a co-op student
- Debunking popular myths and conspiracies with the Barry Beyerstein fonds
- In "The Beginning...": First student film returns to SFU
- "Got any pictures of Terry Fox?"
- My summer in the archives: a co-op placement retrospective
Links and resources
In addition to the links below, the Archives is also moving documentation for digital archiving to its public GitHub site. This is a work in progress, as we convert documentation from the various sources on which it is currently maintained (Word documents, pdfs, internal wiki pages).
- Link: SFU Archives GitHub site.
Digital Preservation Management Policy (POL-3)
- High-level statement of SFU Archives' commitments with respect to digital preservation.
- Last updated: May 2017 | Download PDF
Access to Archival Materials Policy (POL-2)
- High-level statement of SFU Archives' commitments with respect to access; includes sections relating to access and copyright issues for born-digital and digitized materials made available through SFU AtoM.
- Last updated: May 2015 | Download PDF
Format Policy Registry (STN-9)
- Register of acceptable and preferred file forumats for deposit, as well as the file formats the Archives uses for preservation and access purposes.
- Last updated: July 2016 | Download PDF
Guidelines and procedures
Digitization of Original Paper Source Records (GDL-38)
- Guidance for SFU departments considering scanning orginal paper records for use in electronic form during the records' active and semi-active periods.
- Last updated: February 2015 | Download PDF
Transferring Digital Records to SFU Archives: Procedures (PRC-57)
- Procedures for SFU departmental staff and private donors who wish to transfer digital materials to the Archives.
- Last updated: Jan 2021 | View online (GitHub) | Download PDF
Digital Transfer Workflow
- Visual representation of the transfer workflow.
- Last updated: April 2020 | Download image
Digital Transfer Checklist
- Checklist for SFU departmental staff and private donors for the digital transfer process.
- Last updated: May 2020 | Download PDF
Digital Transfer Validation Checklist
- Checklist for archivist receiving and validating a digital transfer.
- Last updated: May 2020 | Download PDF
Software utilties and tools
Communications and reports
Digital Repository Project (2013-2016): Key Performance Indicators
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the Archives hree-year University Priority Fund (UPF) project (2013-16) to develop digital repository infrastructure
- Last updated: June 2015 | Download PDF
Simon Fraser University Archives Digital Preservation Strategy: Project Report
- Final report on the Archives' initial proof of concept project (2011-12) to develop a digital preservation strategy; report prepared by project consultant (Artefactual Systems Inc).
- Last updated: April 2012 | Download PDF