- Records Management
- About FIPPA
- Access to Information (FOI)
- Breaches & Complaints
- Changes & Corrections
- Information Disclosure
- Privacy Impact Assessments
- Links and Resources
- Digital preservation
- Staff resources
- Faculty resources
- Researcher resources
- Donor resources
- Mission, vision and values
- Contact us
- Feedback and comments
- Archival Film Flashes Back to 70s Student Life
- Manuscript Traces SFU's Architectural History
- Early University News Publications Now Digitally Available
- Digitized Programs Commemorate SFU’s Opening & Installation Ceremonies
- Archives Celebrates Fall Convocation with Release of Digitized Programs
- Films Capture Visual History and Sentiment of Time Gone By
- Lost and Found: Simon Fraser Letters
- Oral History Provides Glimpse into Mind of SFU’s First Chancellor Gordon Shrum
- Early SFU Photos Tell a Story That Frames Our World
- Aerial Photos Capture Campus Landscape & Photographer’s Legacy
- You have what...?!! and other interesting things you didn't know about the SFU Archives
- Charting the course of history: documenting SFU's early days from the student perspective (Part 1)
- Charting the course of history: documenting SFU's early days from the student perspective (Part 2)
- Helping others find their history in the future: Preserving the records of the Students of Caribbean and African Ancestry at SFU
- Preserving the sparks of global revolution in the Adbusters Media Foundation fonds
- Reflections of a co-op student
- Debunking popular myths and conspiracies with the Barry Beyerstein fonds
- In "The Beginning...": First student film returns to SFU
Links and resources
In addition to the links below, the Archives is also moving documentation for digital archiving to its public GitHub site. This is a work in progress, as we convert documentation from the various sources on which it is currently maintained (Word documents, pdfs, internal wiki pages).
- Link: SFU Archives GitHub site.
Digital Preservation Management Policy (POL-3)
- High-level statement of SFU Archives' commitments with respect to digital preservation.
- Last updated: May 2017 | Download PDF
Access to Archival Materials Policy (POL-2)
- High-level statement of SFU Archives' commitments with respect to access; includes sections relating to access and copyright issues for born-digital and digitized materials made available through SFU AtoM.
- Last updated: May 2015 | Download PDF
Format Policy Registry (STN-9)
- Register of acceptable and preferred file forumats for deposit, as well as the file formats the Archives uses for preservation and access purposes.
- Last updated: July 2016 | Download PDF
Guidelines and procedures
Digitization of Original Paper Source Records (GDL-38)
- Guidance for SFU departments considering scanning orginal paper records for use in electronic form during the records' active and semi-active periods.
- Last updated: February 2015 | Download PDF
Transferring Digital Records to SFU Archives: Procedures (PRC-57)
- Procedures for SFU departmental staff and private donors who wish to transfer digital materials to the Archives.
- Last updated: Jan 2021 | View online (GitHub) | Download PDF
Digital Transfer Workflow
- Visual representation of the transfer workflow.
- Last updated: April 2020 | Download image
Digital Transfer Checklist
- Checklist for SFU departmental staff and private donors for the digital transfer process.
- Last updated: May 2020 | Download PDF
Digital Transfer Validation Checklist
- Checklist for archivist receiving and validating a digital transfer.
- Last updated: May 2020 | Download PDF
Software utilties and tools
Communications and reports
Digital Repository Project (2013-2016): Key Performance Indicators
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the Archives hree-year University Priority Fund (UPF) project (2013-16) to develop digital repository infrastructure
- Last updated: June 2015 | Download PDF
Simon Fraser University Archives Digital Preservation Strategy: Project Report
- Final report on the Archives' initial proof of concept project (2011-12) to develop a digital preservation strategy; report prepared by project consultant (Artefactual Systems Inc).
- Last updated: April 2012 | Download PDF