- Records Management
- About FIPPA
- Access to Information (FOI)
- Breaches & Complaints
- Changes & Corrections
- Information Disclosure
- Privacy Impact Assessments
- Links and Resources
- Digital preservation
- Staff resources
- Faculty resources
- Researcher resources
- Donor resources
- Mission, vision and values
- Contact us
- Feedback and comments
- Archival Film Flashes Back to 70s Student Life
- Manuscript Traces SFU's Architectural History
- Early University News Publications Now Digitally Available
- Digitized Programs Commemorate SFU’s Opening & Installation Ceremonies
- Archives Celebrates Fall Convocation with Release of Digitized Programs
- Films Capture Visual History and Sentiment of Time Gone By
- Lost and Found: Simon Fraser Letters
- Oral History Provides Glimpse into Mind of SFU’s First Chancellor Gordon Shrum
- Early SFU Photos Tell a Story That Frames Our World
- Aerial Photos Capture Campus Landscape & Photographer’s Legacy
- You have what...?!! and other interesting things you didn't know about the SFU Archives
- Charting the course of history: documenting SFU's early days from the student perspective (Part 1)
- Charting the course of history: documenting SFU's early days from the student perspective (Part 2)
- Helping others find their history in the future: Preserving the records of the Students of Caribbean and African Ancestry at SFU
- Preserving the sparks of global revolution in the Adbusters Media Foundation fonds
- Reflections of a co-op student
- Debunking popular myths and conspiracies with the Barry Beyerstein fonds
- In "The Beginning...": First student film returns to SFU
Links and resources
Records Management: definitions, resources and guidelines
An overview of what Records Management is and why its important.
Digitization Of Original Records.pdf
Best Practice guidelines for digitizing original paper records.
University Records Centre.pdf
An overview of the services provided to the SFU community by the University Records Centre (URC).
Official, Transitory and Personal Records: A Guideline for SFU Employees
A guideline that explains the difference between transitory official and personal records.
Email Management Best Practices
A guideline that explains how to organize, manage, retain, and dispose of email.
Model File Classification Plan.pdf
The Model File Classification Plan is a starting point for university departments to organize their files. This document describes how to use the model file plan for your own department.
Terms and definitions specific to Archives and Records Management