Dr. Kim Lockhart has been working in French as a Second Language programs for about 20 years. She was first a teacher in different grades before becoming a student advisor. Since 2009, she has been training future French teachers and is currently a Faculty Associate in Graduate Studies at the Faculty of Education at SFU.
- News & Events
- Student Life
- Programs in French
A week of fun and learning in French!
Discover the Francophonie in all its forms, beyond the classroom on sunny Burnaby Mountain!
Experience a full week combining pedagogy, French language, art and outdoor activities to help you explore and reflect on your own French teaching practices. This is a great opportunity for you to reflect on:
- the implementation of authentic learning experiences in French language acquisition for your students
- concepts of differentiation, identity, environmental education
- integration of Aboriginal perspectives in teaching French as a second language
Your professional development doesn’t stop at the end of the five-day workshop! It will be followed up with two meetings in the Fall, which will consolidate your learning experience and enable you all to share your innovative practices.
Become a part of a professional community of collaborative learning.
We look forward to seeing you this summer!
Radio-Canada news reports
- Les enseignants francophones de la C.-B. retournent sur les bancs de l'école
- Des professeurs de français sur les bancs d'école
July 12, 2018 at 5:50 pm
- Un Bootcamp pour briser l'isolement des enseignants de français
Interview with Hélène Lalancette, OFFA Associate Director
For teachers in the Francophone Program and French Immersion:
- SFU Burnaby campus
- July 8-12, 2019, 9:30 am to 3 pm
For teachers in Core French:
- SFU Burnaby campus
- July 15-19, 2019, 9:30 am to 3 pm
The 2020 dates will be announced soon.
Nathalie Walsh has been teaching in the French as a Second Language programs for more than 20 years. After many years in the classroom, she is now a Faculty Associate in the French Module of the Professional Development Program at the Faculty of Education at SFU.