- News & Events
- SFU's Printemps de la francophonie
- Ma thèse en 180 secondes : Western Final
- Back-to-school French Fete
- Book launch of «La francophonie de la Colombie-Britannique»
- Student Life
- DELF-DALF Exams
- Programs in French
- Undergraduate Studies
- Graduate Studies
- Teacher Education
- For Inservice Teachers
Home & Registration
LET'S BROADEN OUR PERSPECTIVES: BRINGING PHYSICAL AND MENTAL WELL-BEING INTO THE FRENCH LANGUAGE CLASSROOM
The FrancoFUN Summer Bootcamp is FINALLY back! It is with great pleasure that Simon Fraser University's Office of Francophone and Francophile Affairs (OFFA) invites again you to their famous FrancoFUN Bootcamp for teachers!
Come and discover the Francophonie in all of its dimensions - inside and outside the walls of the classroom, exploring Burnaby's outdoor beauty and, celebrating the end of a rich week of learning by spending the last day in downtown Vancouver for lunch at a Francophone restaurant and a museum experience! Register now for a week of professional development in French that combines pedagogy, language, arts, and the outdoors with a focus on wellness for your students and yourself!
On the theme of "physical and mental well-being of learners and teachers" you are invited to learn and share your experiences in a unique context of professional development learning blended with experiential experiences.
Each morning will be dedicated to learning theory and research-based practical strategies, and every afternoon will be focused on curriculum-related movement activities.
- Explore and innovate in teaching French: pedagogy focused on physical and mental well-being in an integrated approach (physical education, art, literacy, classroom routines, etc.).
- Explore the concept of identity
- Integrate different perspectives into teaching, including Indigenous perspectives
The organizing committee looks forward to seeing you this July!