Internal Transfer From Another Program at SFU
If you are currently an SFU student and interested in transferring to any of the BPK Programs (all majors, minors, certificates), then you will need to apply for an internal transfer. Admission via this route is competitive, and is based on your GPA in select courses completed in your first semesters at SFU.
To pursue this option, you should:
- Visit the BPK Programs page to familiarize yourself with our programs. It can also be helpful to have a look at specific program planners to get a scope of the courses you would be taking as part of your chosen program.
- Read through the Approval form for your selected program, to see if you meet the competitive requirements. As admission to a BPK program is competitive, the admission GPA floats.
Please use the GPA Calculators below to assess if your GPA is competitive for your program of interest.
GPA Calculator - Kinesiology Major
GPA Calculator - Behavioural Neuroscience Major
GPA Calculator - Biomedical Physiology Major and Minor
- Follow up with the BPK Advisor if you have any questions about your potential application.
- If you meet the competitive requirements, submit a completed approval form and advising transcript by the next deadline (Feb 1st, June 1st, Oct 1st)
- If one or more courses have been duplicated (repeated), the higher grade from all course attempts will be used
- A minimum of 15 units of the approval courses must be completed at SFU