- Camp Info
- About Us
COVID-19 MODIFIED CAMPS
Camp Schedule Update:
- Outdoor, Sports and Online Camps available below
- More Sport Clinics and ID Camps schedule anticipated in the coming weeks
Things to know before registering
Campers are permitted to attend one camp per week
- Half day camps cannot be combined; please choose a full day camp if required
- No pre/post camp care, or food services are available (please bring all meals & snacks)
- After attending your first day at camp, participants will not be permitted to change camps (unless approved by the Camps Manager)
COVID-19 safety practices
- Camp sizes have been greatly reduced to enable physical distancing
- Camp activities are coordinated independently to minimize group exposure
- Masks or face coverings are required or encouraged based on age and activity:
- Indoor Activities: Campers 12+ are required to wear a mask with the exception of physical activity, snack and lunch times. Campers 5-11 are encouraged, but not required to wear a mask.
- Outdoor Activities: As physical distancing is encouraged at all times, wearing a mask is a personal choice
- Please limit one guardian per child for sign-in/out
- Guardians should be wearing a mask if possible during sign-in/out
- Additional Sign-in/out locations have been added. Details will be provided in your welcome to camp email
- Parents/guardians are advised that campers will not be permitted to attend camp if:
- The camper, or a member of their household, has experienced any flu-like or cold symptoms within the 14 days prior to the first day of camp.
- The camper, or a member of their household, has had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or is awaiting COVID-19 test results, within the 14 days prior to the first day of camp.
- The camper, or a member of their household, has travelled internationally (including to the United States of America) within the 14 days prior to the first day of camp.
Girls Rock (7-9 Years)
Girls Rock Camp will build foundational skills to help girls live active and healthy lives, while being strong, confident role models. Girls will explore and celebrate their own unique identities through a variety of fitness games and artistic mediums such as drawing, while learning about nutrition, healthy relationships, and holistic self-care.
Junior Camp (6 Years)
A great introduction to the SFU Camp Experience! Each week, campers experience recreational and co-operative games, creative arts & crafts, and exciting special events.
Leadership Camp (12-14 Years)
Leadership Camp is designed for teens wanting to develop their leadership skills in a youth camp setting. Instruction from our professional educators focuses on leadership knowledge and skill acquisition utilizing theoretical and practical approaches.
Learn transferable skills from our professional educators about the SFU Camps model, touching on skills desired for Volunteer, Instructor, and Head Instructor positions.
Rec Reality Camp (8-10 Years)
Based on popular reality TV shows, campers will race, perform, and challenge themselves individually and as a team during this action-packed and fun-filled camp.
Basketball Girls Camps (12-18 Years)
SFU WBB COVID-19 Elite Camp (15-18yrs)
This camp is ideal for competitive players who see themselves potentially playing at the university level. Our goal is to provide a window to see and feel what it is like to play at a post-secondary institution. The camp will be run by Coach Langford with the help of his staff and the team. During these trying times of COVID the environment will focus on university level skill development and will push players in the hope of giving them an understanding of what a serious commitment to basketball entails for playing at the next level.
SFUth Development Summer Program (12-13yrs)
SFUth Development is run by SFU Assistant coaches and current players. Our main goal is to provide a fun and safe environment for young athletes to enhance fundamental basketball and sport specific movement skills.
Soccer Boys Camps (7-13 Years)
Each day is divided into technical and tactical soccer development rounded out with fun activities. SFU Men’s Soccer coaches, athletes and selected elite alumni provide elite coaching.
Note: Campers may be grouped by age and skill level. This camp takes place outdoors.
Soccer Girls Camps (7-13 Years)
Softball Camp (7-14 Years)
SOFTBALL CAMPS (7-14 Years)
Each 5-day softball camp will focus on all areas of the game including hitting, throwing, fielding, and base running. This is a great opportunity for all softball players to improve their skills in a fun, safe, and inclusive environment, while being coached by SFU softball coaches and players.
7-10 YRS REGISTER > | 11-14 YRS REGISTER >
REGISTRATION LINKS COMING SOON
Tennis Camps (7-12 Years)
Track & Field Camps (7-13 Years)
Outdoor Sports (7-11 Years)
Dolphin Kids Camps (6-8 Years)
MINDSET MASTERS (6-8 Years)
Our brains can be hardwired to adapt, be resilient, and overcome failure to achieve our very best. Young leaders will explore brain science, mindfulness activities, team-building exercises, and resiliency challenges to master their mindset and develop an 'I CAN DO IT' attitude!
INNOVATORS: DESIGN-THINKING (6-8 Years)
Creativity is the #1 skill identified for future-ready leaders! This is a great program for young leaders who want to explore their curiosity, the design-thinking process, and bring their creative ideas to life in a fun, hands-on learning environment. The possibilities are endless and campers are encouraged to dream big!
S.T.E.A.Mers (6-8 Years)
Design thinking, technology literacy, and making observations are important skills that today’s children need to succeed in our modern, fast-paced world. Young leaders will explore the basics of coding, hands-on science experiments, and problem-solve with engineering and art-based activities. This interactive, hands-on learning environment will challenge both the left and right brain!
TED-STYLE PUBLIC SPEAKING (6-8 Years)
Gain confidence to express your ideas! TED-Style Public Speaking is a great program for young leaders who want to build their public speaking skills with interactive activities, personalized coaching, and fun speech exercises!
Women's Basketball ID Camps (14-18 Years)
BASKETBALL GIRLS ID CAMP
As we know COVID has prevented coaches from being able to get into gyms and watch players compete. That is unfortunate because players often improve over time and we have had no chance to see development of young athletes. Our ID camp will serve as an opportunity for athletes to get in the gym with University coaches and show their skill development over the last year. Our goal is to give athletes feedback on where they are at and what the next steps look like in becoming a university athlete. In addition to skill development we will also provide information around the recruiting process both in Canada and the United States.
Softball Prospects Camps (15-19 Years)
PROSPECT CAMPS (15-19 Years)
SFU Softball prospect camp will consist of skill evaluation and game-like play in a competitive environment for high-level softball athletes. This is a chance to be evaluated by the SFU coaching staff.
15-16 YRS REGISTER > | 17-19 YRS REGISTER >
REGISTRATION LINKS COMING SOON
Volleyball Skills Camps (13-18 Years)
ADVANCED SKILLS HIGH SCHOOL CAMP (Gr. 9-12)
The Advanced Skills Camp is for female high school athletes interested in playing post-secondary volleyball at a college or university. Sessions will be lead by Head SFU Volleyball Coach, Gina Schmidt, and her staff. Numbers will be limited to ensure the training is in accordance with BC's current health guidelines. This camp is designed to improve individual skills, which includes some position specific training, as well as the player’s overall understanding of game tactics and strategy. T-shirt included.
POSITION SPECIFIC GROUP TRAINING (13-18yrs)
The Position Specific Small Group Training will be led by SFU Head Coach, Gina Schmidt, and will focus on improving techniques specific to each skill. Limited spots will be available on a first come, first serve basis in order to allow for training within BC's current health guidelines.