How do I add extra time to a quiz?
You can grant access to an individual student, several students, or the entire class to have extra attempts on a quiz. If you have set a time limit on your quiz, you can also grant access for extra time.
1. Click Quizzes on the course navigation menu
2. Click on the name of the quiz you want to change
3. Click Moderate This Quiz in the sidebar on the right
4. The Moderate Quiz page displays the following information:
- Student name
- Number of times the student has already attempted to take this quiz
- Time it took for the student to complete the quiz; the running time will display for students who are currently taking the quiz (counting down for timed quizzes and counting up for non-timed quizzes)
- Number of remaining attempts, if any
- Student's quiz score
To refresh the page and make sure all statistics are current, click the refresh icon:
5. Click the Pencil icon by the name of the student whose quiz you want to moderate.
6. Edit Student Extensions.
. Enter the number of extra attempts you want to give the student into the Extra Attempts field.
. If the quiz has a time limit, you can give more time by entering the number of extra minutes into the Extra Time on Every Attempt field.
. If the quiz is saved with the Only Once After Each Attempt option, you can let the student see the quiz results one more time.
. If the quiz is locked, you will need to unlock the quiz for the student's next attempt by clicking the Manually unlock the quiz for the next attempt checkbox.
7. Click Save.
8. The number of attempts left is displayed in the Attempts Left column and any extra minutes given will be displayed under the student's name.