- Events & Stories
Faculty research profiles
Faculty in the news
- “Untangling the Leviathans of the Arab Spring,” interview with Amal Ghazal by Lasha Markozashvili, Revolutions: Global Trends & Regional Issues.
- Amyn B. Sajoo, Social Inclusion: The Fog of Extremism: Governance, Identity, and Minstrels of Exclusion
- Rima Berns-McGown, Calgary Herald: Success stories are possible, but Somali-Canadians are faced with overcoming trauma, racism
- Rima Berns-McGown, Torontoist: A Life Worth Mourning
- Amyn B. Sajoo, Religion Dispatches: It's Theology, Not Baseball: Misunderstanding Iraq's Sectarian Conflicts
- Amyn B. Sajoo, Open Democracy: Faith in Rights: Ethics of the Public Square
- Paul Sedra: Pope Tawadros II and the Quest of Egyptian Sectarianism Tahrir Squared, March 14, 2013.
- THE VANCOUVER SUN: YVR Tops in Country Seizures of Undeclared Cash by Zoe McKnight, March 4, 2013.
- Paul Sedra: Egypt's State of Siege. Egypt Independent, February 20, 2013.
- Paul Sedra: The Dignity of Hamada Saber. Jadaliyya, February 5, 2013.
- Paul Sedra: The Tragedy of the Brotherhood. Egypt Independent, February 3, 2013.
- Andre Gerolymatos: Syrian peace envoy asks UN for help. January 30, 2013
- Paul Sedra: Al Jazeera English interview. January 25, 2013.
- Paul Sedra: The Revolution and History. Jadaliyya, January 25, 2013.
- Paul Sedra: The Revolution Continues. Egypt Independent, January 21, 2013.
- THE VANCOUVER SUN: Ethnic mix Among Muslims gives peace a chance by Douglas Todd, December 11, 2012.
- Paul Sedra: Morsi's Failure in Leadership: The Battle for Sovereignty in Egypt. Counterpunch Newsletter, December 10, 2012.
- Paul Sedra: The Ethics of Electioneering. Al Arabiya News, November 7, 2012.
- Andre Gerolymatos: More Poolice and Cameras needed on the SkyTrain line. News1130, November 4, 2012.
- Eva Sajoo: Debunking the 'oppressed' Muslim woman myth. The Vancouver Observer, October 6, 2012.
More faculty featured in the news
- More Police and Cameras needed on the SkyTrain line. News1130, November 4, 2012.
- Radio Interview CKNW AM 980
- VANCOUVER SUN: Why the U.S is impotent to act in the Middle East
- THE PROVINCE: Canada has "turned its back" on human rights by Ethan Baron
- TORONTO STAR: Tories' talk on human smuggling annoys immigrant voters by Petti Fong
- NEWS 1130: Ghadafi's compound attack
- NEWS 1130: News1130's Jesse Johnston speaks with SFU International Security Expert Andre Gerolymatos
- NEWS 1130: Gadhafi death will mean end of coalition: security expert. He hopes NATO will stay in Libya for awhile.
- VANCOUVER SUN: YVR tops country in seizures of undeclared cash
- THE VANCOUVER SUN: Unique, diverse Muslim population grows in Metro Vancouverby Douglas Todd
- THE VANCOUVER SUN: Vancouver's Muslim community anything but monolithic by Douglas Todd
- THE VANCOUVER SUN: Ethnic mix Among Muslims gives peae a chance by Douglas Todd
- MIND THE GAP: Introducing Laura Marks
- Contributor: The Mark
- How Will Western Reactions Affect Egypt? As the West struggles to keep pace with the changes occuring in Egypt, Canada’s silence and the U.S.’s support for Suleiman may actually serve to strengthen the existing regime.
- FOREIGN POLICY: Does Egypt Need a new constitution?
- THE GLOBE AND MAIL: Let's keep the pressure on Mubarak
- TORONTO STAR: Autocrats still rule Egypt, reformers say
- JADALIYYA: Anti-Authoritarian Revolution and Law Reform in Egypt: A Jadaliyya E-Roundtable
- BLOG: A NEW EGYPT RISING: http://anewegyptrising.blogspot.com/
- Contributor: Jadaliyya
- During the revolution is Egypt he was interviewed by CBC: On The Coast, CBC Early Edition Show, CBC-TV Vancouver, News1130,
- BLOG: THAWRA THOUGHTS
- YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Misr Monitor
- Op-Ed: Canadian International Council
- Interview with CBC regarding protests in Egypt, November 21st: CBC podcasts
- Interview with CBC:One year after protests in Tharir square began, we ask how much progress has been made in Egypt CBC podcasts
- Interview with AJE regarding protests in Egypt, January 2013: AJE
- Canadian International Council (CIC): How to Lose Friends in the Middle East
- Al Arabiya News: The Ethics of Electioneering
- Counterpunch Newsletter: Morsi's Failure in Leadership: The Battle for Sovereignty in Egypt.
- Egypt Independent: The Revolution Continues
- Jadaliyya: The Revolution and History
- Egypt Independent: The Tragedy of the Brotherhood
- Jadaliyya: The Dignity of Hamada Saber
- Egypt Independent: Egypt's State of Siege
- Tahrir Squared: Pope Tawadros II and the Quest of Egyptian Sectarianism
- THE VANCOUVER SUN: World Literature conference to feature multilingual poetry slam, Four-day event hosted by SFU expected to attract 1,500 scholars.by F. Steffenhagen
- MACLEANS MAGAZINE: Remarks on Faith and Pluralism in Canada,
- The Edmonton Journal Feature on 9/11: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/9-11-anniversary/Story+that+began+continues+distort+view+world+years+wars+incalculable/5383819/story.html
- THE ISMAILI USA: Islamic art & Pluralism
PDF - Dances with Strangers - IUSA, 2019