Program dates, times and locations:
Wednesdays: Tong Louie YMCA (14988 57 Ave, Surrey), 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
January, 2019 – June 17th, 2020
Fridays: Tong Louie YMCA (14988 57 Ave, Surrey), 6:30 p.m.–9 p.m.
January, 2019 – June 19th, 2020
If you are interested in the opportunity, please email us at email@example.com, and share your availability with us!
- complete all required volunteer documentation and a Criminal Record Search;
- be motivated to build relationships with youth and teens;
- be 19 years of age or older;
- have experience with leadership programs and activities;
- Commit to two hours each week on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evenings (except holidays);
- be able to attend the YMCA Youth Leadership training on January 3rd, 10th or 17th
- be willing to prepare weekly leadership activity sessions with a co-advisor using the manual provided;
- be ready to support youth by attending occasional special events in the community.
- demonstrate the YMCA core values:
› Do the right thing,
› Put people first,
› Lead by example,
› Keep our promises.
- have a strong commitment to the organization;
- demonstrate and promote a personal understanding and appreciation for the mission and strategic outcomes of the YMCA;
- be committed to teamwork and relationship building, planning and organizing.
Time Commitment Required:
Volunteers must commit to attending the program every week during the agreed upon semester(s). Ideally, you will commit to the entire run of the program (unitl June). We realize that scheduling and life circumstances may make long-term commitment difficult, so the minimum commitment you must be able to make is one full semester (e.g. September–December; January–April; May–June).
In addition, you must be able to attend the mandatory YMCA YLD training session in January (date TBD, either January 3rd, 10th or 17th).