- About us
- Get involved
Programs & events
- Can You Dig It (virtual & on-site)
- CommuniCreate (virtual)
- Digital Literacy and Access (virtual & on-site)
- DIVERSEYouth (virtual)
- DY Youth Mentoring Cafes (virtual)
- English Conversation Circles (virtual)
- Farm to Campus Initiative (on-site)
- Food Hampers (on-site)
- Food Recovery (on-site)
- Kids Brain Health Network (virtual)
- Learning Buddies (virtual-summer only)
- LINC Language for Newcomers (virtual)
- Media Minds (virtual)
- Mentoring with Math (virtual)
- Plot Sharing Garden (on-site)
- Racing Readers (virtual)
- Red Fox Youth Cafes (virtual)
- Science Alive (virtual-summer only)
- Tutoring, Homework and English Support (virtual)
- Suspended programs
- Active programs
- Volunteer Training Program
- Contact us
- Volunteer now
English Conversation Circles (virtual)
Harnessing the power of conversation – virtually – to help newcomers learn English and succeed in the workplace!
English Conversation Circles are offered weekly to newcomers through a collaboration between the The SFU Surrey - TD Community Engagement Centre and S.U.C.C.E.S.S. BC Settlement and Integration Services (BCSIS). BCSIS is a settlement service that supports newcomers to settle and integrate into the community. Participants include temporary foreign workers, refugee claimants and immigrants who have become Canadian citizens but still face language barriers. By removing language barriers through weekly conversations, BCSIS clients can integrate better into their workplaces and understand more about their rights and responsibilities at work.
Due to Covid19, this program is currently delivered virtually, reaching participants in their homes.
Are you an SFU student interested in volunteering for this program?
Contact Trisha Dulku at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
- Apply for current volunteer/work positions
- Join the Community Engagement Volunteer training program
- Subscribe to our email newsletter
Interested in our programs & events?
Partner with us:
- For partnership, please contact Gretchen Ferguson or call 778-782-8082