- About us
- Get involved
Programs & events
- Can You Dig It (virtual & on-site)
- CommuniCreate (virtual)
- Digital Literacy and Access (virtual & on-site)
- DIVERSEYouth (virtual)
- DY Youth Mentoring Cafes (virtual)
- English Conversation Circles (virtual)
- Farm to Campus Initiative (on-site)
- Food Hampers (on-site)
- Food Recovery (on-site)
- Kids Brain Health Network (virtual)
- Learning Buddies (virtual-summer only)
- LINC Language for Newcomers (virtual)
- Media Minds (virtual)
- Mentoring with Math (virtual)
- Plot Sharing Garden (on-site)
- Racing Readers (virtual)
- Red Fox Youth Cafes (virtual)
- Science Alive (virtual-summer only)
- Tutoring, Homework and English Support (virtual)
- Suspended programs
- Active programs
- Volunteer Training Program
- Contact us
- Volunteer now
Mentoring with Math (virtual)
The SFU Surrey – TD Community Engagement Centre and Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver (BBGV) are partnering to offer the Mentoring with Math Program for children in Grades 1-7. The program aims to help elementary school students develop their math skills in a fun way using the JUMP Math program, and also to engage them in games, and activities. JUMP Math is a numeracy program that is dedicated to enhancing the potential in children by encouraging an understanding and a love of math in students and educators. JUMP Math replaces the self-fulfilling myth that some people are born with mathematical ability while others do not have the ability to succeed with assumptions that all children can be led to think mathematically.
Due to COVID-19, the program is currently being offered virtually!
Are you an SFU student interested in volunteering for this program?
Contact Trisha Dulku at email@example.com for more information!
- Apply for current volunteer/work positions
- Join the Community Engagement Volunteer training program
- Subscribe to our email newsletter
Interested in our programs & events?
Partner with us:
- For partnership, please contact Gretchen Ferguson or call 778-782-8082