- About us
- Community Connect: Program Activator
- Early Learning For Families: Program Assistant
- English Conversation Circles: Conversation Facilitator
- Game On!: Program Mentor
- Media Minds: Workshop Facilitator
- Mentoring with Math: Math Mentor
- Pathways to Education: Youth Engagement Facilitator
- Racing Readers: Lead Volunteer
- Racing Readers: Program Volunteer
- Youth Leadership Development Program: Assistant Facilitator
- Youth Integration Program: Facilitator Assistant
Programs & activities
- Bundle Up Campaign
- Central City Learning Garden
- Community Connect Program
- Early Learning Program
- English Conversation Circles
- Game On!
- Halloween Trick-Or-Treat Outreach
- Inclusive City Cafe
- Learning Buddies
- Media Minds
- Mentoring with Math
- Pathways to Education
- Plenty of Threads
- Racing Readers
- Science Alive
- TD Bank Panel Event
- Tutoring, Homework and English Support
- YMCA Youth Leadership Development Program
- Y Mind - Youth Mindfulness Program
- Youth Integration Program
- Contact us
- Apply now!
Community Connect Program
The SFU Surrey–TD Community Engagement Centre is working with the Surrey School District (SD36) Welcome Centre to offer support and mentorship to English Language Learners in elementary and high school.
The Connect through Homework Program offers mentoring and homework support to young English Language Learners in grades 8–10. Themes addressed in the program include: making peer connections; understanding settlement, self and others; self-image, stereotypes and social skills; communication, conflict, and care; staying safe in school and community; working, volunteering, and connecting in community.
The Connect through Reading Program supports English Language Learners in grades 5–7 with their transition into secondary school by providing mentoring through reading support. Themes addressed in the program include: how to make the best of your high school experience; staying safe and healthy in school and community; working, volunteering and connecting in community; and developing an understanding of school and community.