- About us
- Community Connect: Program Activator
- Early Learning For Families: Program Assistant
- English Conversation Circles: Conversation Facilitator
- Game On!: Program Mentor
- Media Minds: Workshop Facilitator
- Mentoring with Math: Math Mentor
- Pathways to Education: Youth Engagement Facilitator
- Racing Readers: Lead Volunteer
- Racing Readers: Program Volunteer
- Youth Leadership Development Program: Assistant Facilitator
- Youth Integration Program: Facilitator Assistant
Programs & activities
- Bundle Up Campaign
- Central City Learning Garden
- Community Connect Program
- Early Learning Program
- English Conversation Circles
- Game On!
- Halloween Trick-Or-Treat Outreach
- Inclusive City Cafe
- Learning Buddies
- Media Minds
- Mentoring with Math
- Pathways to Education
- Plenty of Threads
- Racing Readers
- Science Alive
- TD Bank Panel Event
- Tutoring, Homework and English Support
- YMCA Youth Leadership Development Program
- Y Mind - Youth Mindfulness Program
- Youth Integration Program
- Contact us
- Apply now!
Media Minds is a program which provides team-based workshops that strive to help students integrate into and engage in their community. These workshops enhance their interpersonal and teamwork skills through the use of film education. Our objective is to give students a more effective transition into high school by empowering them to speak up, share their ideas and think creatively to overcome the barriers they face.
The skills acquired through the Media Minds include: storyboarding, lighting, sound, filming and using basic editing software. Students will be encouraged to engage in conversations with the University Mentors and guest speakers, and build relationships for opportunities beyond the program.
This program is geared towards students in grades 6-9 and runs at multiple schools in in the Surrey School District from October - April every year.