- About us
- Community Connect: Program Activator
- Early Learning For Families: Program Assistant
- English Conversation Circles: Conversation Facilitator
- Game On!: Program Mentor
- Media Minds: Workshop Facilitator
- Mentoring with Math: Math Mentor
- Pathways to Education: Youth Engagement Facilitator
- Racing Readers: Lead Volunteer
- Racing Readers: Program Volunteer
- Youth Leadership Development Program: Assistant Facilitator
- Youth Integration Program: Facilitator Assistant
Programs & activities
- Bundle Up Campaign
- Central City Learning Garden
- Community Connect Program
- Early Learning Program
- English Conversation Circles
- Game On!
- Halloween Trick-Or-Treat Outreach
- Inclusive City Cafe
- Learning Buddies
- Media Minds
- Mentoring with Math
- Pathways to Education
- Plenty of Threads
- Racing Readers
- Science Alive
- TD Bank Panel Event
- Tutoring, Homework and English Support
- YMCA Youth Leadership Development Program
- Y Mind - Youth Mindfulness Program
- Youth Integration Program
- Contact us
- Apply now!
Plenty of Threads
Listen to their stories. Decide what your future will look like.
Plenty of Threads connects Youth from Care (Continuing Care, Youth Agreement, Voluntary Care) ages 19-27 with people in the community for encouraging one-on-one coffee meetings about careers, education, and the future. Picture this; it’s like speed dating meets a human library: young adults can “check out” volunteer community members for an hour of conversation.
This initiative is part of the Connecting Communities to Surrey Youth Aging Out of Care, which is part of the Surrey Poverty Reduction Coalition. The program was piloted from June - September 2019.
For more information, email Rachel Nelson at: email@example.com or call 778-782-8082.