- About us
- Get involved
Programs & events
- BC Newcomer After-School Programs (virtual & on-site)
- Bridge Program
- Central City Learning Garden (on-site)
- CommuniCreate (virtual)
- Connect Through Homework & Reading (virtual)
- DIVERSEYouth Expressions (virtual)
- DY Youth Mentoring Cafes (virtual)
- English Conversation Groups (virtual)
- Learning Buddies (virtual-summer only)
- LINC Language for Newcomers (virtual)
- Media Minds (virtual)
- Mentoring with Math (virtual)
- Racing Readers (virtual)
- Red Fox Youth Cafes (virtual)
- Science Alive (virtual-summer only)
- Tutoring, Homework and English Support (virtual)
- YMCA Youth Leadership Development Program
- Pathways to Education
- Suspended programs
- Active programs
- Volunteer Training Program
- Blog & News
- Contact us
- Volunteer now
Help newcomer youth practice English in a fun and creative atmosphere!
CommuniCreate is a program through which newcomer youth, ages 13 to 17, can get involved with their communities, feel a sense of belonging and improve their English through a fun and engaging youth-led and youth-centered curriculum.
A team of SFU student mentors provide support to newcomer youth to help improve their English by engaging in hands-on activities such as role-playing life scenarios, discussing videos, mock debates, presentations, and more! This program was developed by youth, is led by youth, and is offered in partnership with DIVERSEyouth, a program of the DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society.
Are you an SFU student interested in volunteering for this program?
Contact Trisha Dulku at email@example.com for more information!
- Apply for current volunteer/work positions
- Join the Community Engagement Volunteer training program
- Subscribe to our email newsletter
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in our programs & events?
Partner with us:
- For partnership, please contact Trisha Dulku or call 604-715-6457