- Program Leads
- About us
- Get involved
Programs & events
- Tutoring, Homework and English Support (in-person)
- CommuniCreate (virtual)
- Book Buddies (in-person)
- Bridge Program (in-person)
- Central City Learning Garden (on-site)
- Connect Through Homework & Reading (virtual)
- Empower The Future
- English Conversation Groups (virtual)
- Entrepreneurship Programs (Virtual)
- Homework Club
- Learning Buddies (virtual & in-person)
- Mentoring with Math (virtual & in-person)
- Our Place Summer Camp
- Pathways to Education
- Racing Readers
- YMCA Youth Leadership Development Program
- Canada SCORES (in-person)
- Empower MEdia (in-person)
- Photo gallery
- Active programs
- Featured Reads
- Volunteer Info Hub
- Contact us
- Volunteer now
Helping newcomer youth practice English in a fun and creative atmosphere.
CommuniCreate is a program through which newcomer youth, ages 13 to 18, can get involved with their communities, feel a sense of belonging and improve their English through a fun and engaging youth-led and youth-centered curriculum.
A team of SFU student mentors provide support to newcomer youth to help improve their English by engaging in hands-on activities such as role-playing life scenarios, discussing videos, mock debates, presentations, and more! This program was developed by youth, is led by youth, and is offered in partnership with DIVERSEyouth, a program of the DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society.
How to Register:
To join our Fall 2022 CommuniCreate program, please click "REGISTER" below.
** Before you register, please make sure that this program is at the right English level for you. **
- If you cannot say at least 3 different sentences about yourself in English, this program might be too difficult for you right now.
- If you can say more than 15 different sentences about yourself in English, this program might be too easy for you.
If you are still not sure how suitable this program is, please call Saba at 604-307-7887.
- Apply for current volunteer/work positions
- Join the Community Engagement Volunteer training program
- Subscribe to our email newsletter
- Email us at: email@example.com
Interested in our programs & events?
Partner with us:
- For partnership, please contact Rachel Nelson or call 778.782.8082