- About us
- Get involved
Programs & events
- Book Buddies
- Bridge Program
- Central City Learning Garden (on-site)
- CommuniCreate (virtual)
- Connect Through Homework & Reading (virtual)
- English Conversation Groups (virtual)
- Homework Club
- Immigrant Entrepreneur Program (Virtual)
- Learning Buddies (virtual & in-person)
- Mentoring with Math (virtual & in-person)
- Racing Readers
- Tutoring, Homework and English Support (virtual & in-person)
- YMCA Youth Leadership Development Program
- Pathways to Education
- Our Place Summer Camp
- Active programs
- Featured Reads
- Volunteer Info Hub
- Contact us
- Volunteer now
- Program Leads
Tutoring, Homework and English Support (virtual & in-person)
In partnership with the Friends of Simon Tutoring Project the SFU Surrey - TD Community Engagement Centre provides a no-cost tutoring outreach program targeted towards immigrant and refugee children in grades 4-7. This program is open to students who have immigrated to Canada, and to students who may have been born in Canada but whose parents/guardians have immigrated to Canada. The students must be in grades 4-7.
Friends of Simon tutors are highly trained and qualified SFU students who speak a variety of second languages including French, Tagalog, Spanish, Romanian, Punjabi, and Czech.
Their tutoring expertise includes the following subject areas:
- Social Studies
- and more!
This program is currently being offered both virutally and in-person at the Surrey City Centre Library!
- Apply for current volunteer/work positions
- Join the Community Engagement Volunteer training program
- Subscribe to our email newsletter
- Email us at: email@example.com
Interested in our programs & events?
Partner with us:
- For partnership, please contact Rachel Nelson or call 778.782.8082