- Public Lectures
- Public Lecture Tues, Sep 27
- Info Sessions August 2022
- Alumni give us your feedback
- Public Lecture Wed, July 27
- Public Lecture Mon, June 20
- Public Lecture Wed, June 15
- Public Lecture Wed, May 25
- Public Lecture Wed, April 20
- Public Lecture March 23
- New Director!
- Public Lecture February 9
- January Newsletter
- SFU Contributes $200,000 Towards Economic Reconciliation; Hires Sxwpilemaát Siyám of the Squamish Nation
- Sponsored Tuition Tides Canada
- Sponsored Tuition 2018 - Pipeline Communities
- Welcome, 2017 SFU CED Cohort!
- SFU CED at EconoUs
- Meet the $12,500 Social Innovation Challenge Winners
- Celebrating Success and Building Solutions Together with Hopeful Economics
- VIDEO: The SFU CED Program Takes You to that Next Level
- SFU Talks CED and Reconciliation
- CED Certificate Program: Changes and Applications for Fall 2020
- Covid-19 Recovery: SFU CED Resources and Supports
- Thank You 2020
- Alumni Stories
- Transformative Storytelling
- CED Stories and Research
- Program Highlights
- Contact us
- Support Our Programs
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR OUR SPRING COHORT.
We are pleased to announce this new offering for the fully online Certificate in CED! Running from February 21 to September 26, 2022, we welcome you to apply today. Please get in touch if you have any questions: email@example.com
Welcome to Ryan Watmough, our newly-appointed Director! Ryan is a two-time provincial award-winner in community economic development with a proven track record of project and program success related to rural and resort community development. An alumnus of SFU's CED program, he joins us from his home in Invermere, BC.
Coordinating the program is Leigh McGregor, who spent a long time at SFU assisting students in finding their ideal educational paths before leaving for a few years to travel the world. She's happy to be back to support CED and its students reach their potential.
FREE ONLINE PUBLIC LECTURE!
SMALL TOWNS, BIG STEPS IN ACTIVE TRANSPORT: A Webinar
BC Alliance for Healthy Living Society
Rita Koutsodimos, Executive Director
Join us from 12:00 - 1:00pm PST for a webinar on active transportation strategies with Rita from www.bchealthyliving.ca
Small Towns, Big Steps in Active Transport Workshop
Come learn how leading communities that have successfully navigated challenges, including:
Creating a walkable downtown despite the main street acting as a highway
Building projects across jurisdictional boundaries
Navigating grants and funding for active transportation projects
We look forward to a lively discussion about overcoming barriers and what works to support active transportation in smaller communities after her talk.
All welcome. February 9, 2022 12:00 - 1:00 PST (via Zoom)
BEST WISHES TO OUR RECENT GRADUATES!
It's wonderful to see so many students finishing the program last year. We saw final projects that ranged from introducing fresh food deliveries to encouraging bouldering in parks to changing the way BC purchases its goods. The are no limits to what you can explore in this program!