- SFU Contributes $200,000 Towards Economic Reconciliation; Hires Sxwpilemaát Siyám of the Squamish Nation
- Sponsored Tuition Tides Canada
- Sponsored Tuition 2018 - Pipeline Communities
- Welcome, 2017 SFU CED Cohort!
- SFU CED at EconoUs
- Meet the $12,500 Social Innovation Challenge Winners
- Celebrating Success and Building Solutions Together with Hopeful Economics
- VIDEO: The SFU CED Program Takes You to that Next Level
- SFU Talks CED and Reconciliation
- CED Certificate Program: Changes and Applications for Fall 2020
- Covid-19 Recovery: SFU CED Resources and Supports
- Alumni Stories
- Transformative Storytelling
- CED Stories and Research
- Program Highlights
- Contact us
- Support Our Programs
Welcome, 2017 SFU CED Cohort!
We are well on our way to having a full cohort of Community Economic Development certificate program students for 2017! They come from all over western Canada and from all walks of life. Successful applicants include:
· A communications coordinator who does her community development from the back of a bicycle;
· A business association president looking to develop more sustainable funding models for community organizations;
· An economic development officer in a First Nations community who is co-developing an inclusive tourism strategy;
· A mining industry consultant who promotes sustainable international development and is confronting issues of human trafficking;
· A non-profit director focusing on reconciliation with Indigenous residents in Northern BC.
· A rural lending manager who seeks to increase the social impact of lending programs in an otherwise marginalized community.
We’ll be adding profiles of the new cohort over the next few weeks, but you can find the first ones on our Meet the 2017-2018 Cohort page.
Congratulations to our entering students! We look forward to a fruitful year of collaboration and creating social impact.