- CERi Programs
- Ethics of CER
- CER Network
- Upcoming Events
- Cultural sensitivity and Community-Engaged Research
- Approaching Community-Engaged Research Through a Trauma Informed Lens
- Remaking the Table
- Recognizing and Negotiating Community/Researcher Relations
- Community-Engaged Research Methods Workshop
- Fundamentals of Community-Engaged Research Workshop
- Distanced Community-Based Research Panel
- CERi Partners with Karen Jamieson Dance
- Below The Radar: Social Transformation — with Tara Mahoney
Remaking the Table
About our November 18 kickoff
Remaking the Table kicks off Wednesday, November 18th from 1-2pm. The launch introduces the team and thinking behind SFU’s Community-Engaged Research Initiative (CERi).
Hear from co-directors Am Johal and Stuart R. Poyntz, Tara Mahoney, Research and Engagement Coordinator, Kari Grain, Special Research Associate, and Jackie Wong, Community Strategic Initiatives Associate.
Join us for a vibrant conversation about how contemporary contexts are shaping our approaches to CER, what you can expect to see from us in the year ahead and how you can stay connected with CERi.
About this series
Remaking the Table is a new monthly public webinar series produced by SFU’s Community-Engaged Research Initiative (CERi). This series will unpack tensions, challenges and re-imagining in community-engaged research. Remaking the Table will explore strategies and solutions for a more equitable, inclusive approach to CER.
The workshop series takes place on the third Wednesday of each month from 1-2pm Pacific Time. It is free and open to the public as well as SFU’s community of graduate students, undergraduate students and faculty. We welcome all researchers curious about new horizons in CER.