- CERi Programs
- Ethics of CER
- CER Network
- Introductory Resources
- A field guide to Public Policy Collage
- Community Engaged Climate Research Idea Jam Summary Report
- Radical Democracy Summer School Summary Report
- Quiet Alarm - A Review of CBC's Climate Reporting
- Realizing the Promise of Disaggregated Data and Analytics for Social Justice Through Community Engagement and Intersectoral Research Partnerships
- Community-Engaged Research and The Climate Crisis: Key Insights and Best Practices
- Walk with Me
- Horizons Conference Summary Report 2022
- Annual Report 2020-2021
- Community Resource Handbook
- Annual Report 2019-2020
- Whose Knowledge Is It?
- CER during Health Crises Handbook
- Upcoming Events
Radical Democracy Summer School Summary Report
August 01, 2023
|The SFU Community-Engaged Research Initiative (CERi) and Participedia co-hosted the Radical Democracy Summer School on the unceded traditional territories of the Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish), səl̓ilw̓ətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) and xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) Nations from June 4 to June 10, 2023. Organized under the theme “Radical Democracy”, the Summer School brought together leading experts, researchers and graduate students and community leaders, activists and practitioners for a week of pedagogically innovative workshops, discussion, dialogue, community events and field trips.
There were 33 students registered (22 non-credit and 10 credit) from programs ranging in political science, philosophy, communications, sociology, cultural studies, humanities, arts and science, anthropology, economics, environment, health, science and related disciplines at the Undergraduate, Masters and PhD levels. Several participants work in civil society with organizations working on climate change, community development, and poverty reduction. Together, with the Summer School team and 29 invited guest faculty, artists, and practitioners, they explored what it means to re-imagine, research and practice radical democracy in their communities and in everyday life.
Please download and share the CERi-Participedia Summer School summary report!