- Faculty and Staff Portal
- Contact Us
Getting the hang of it
First Year Experience Mentorship Program
The School of Communication First Year Experience Mentorship program aims to provide a positive experience for incoming students transitioning into their first year at SFU.
All incoming Communication first year students will be placed into groups of 10-12 students and connected with a current student volunteer mentor. Mentors help welcome new students, connect them to people and resources, and make their first year experience a great one!
- Support | Get support & your questions answered from a fellow student who’s been through it before
- Connections | Make friends and connect with other students, staff, and professors
- Community | Be part of a community of other first year students and attend events together
How does it work?
- July/August: Mentors will reach out to you.
- September: Meet your mentor (and other students in your group!) at a Welcome Event
- Fall: Stay connected, attend academic events and socials together, and contribute to creating a positive campus community!
GET STARTED AS FIRST YEAR STUDENTS
Explore this suite of events and programs to help you get oriented at SFU! Both online and in-person opportunities to connect with first year students, meet staff and faculty, and get your first year started.
Communications Connect: An event for all newly admitted Communication students to get a head start on your Fall 2018 course planning, connect with your first year advisor, and meet new people.
First Year Meet & Greet: Meet your mentorship group in the first event of the term! Stay tuned for more details.