- Current Students
- Community & Events
Faculty and Research
- Peter Anderson: BC floods reveals need for systemic change in emergency management
- Karrmen Crey: Indigenous Epistemologies
- Join the Clubhouse: communication course goes mobile
- Victoria E. Thomas: Seek a research question that sparks your curiosity and challenges your personal ideologies
- Peter Anderson: Fighting fires with better emergency communication
- Andrew Feenberg retires from the School of Communication
- Remembering R. Murray Schafer
- CMNS faculty members receive tri-council grants to support their research
- Cait McKinney receives the 2021 Gertrude J. Robinson Award
- Ellen Balka and UBC researchers take aim at preventing adverse drug events
- Knowledge Mobilizers: Ahmed Al-Rawi
- Enda Brophy receives Confederation of University Faculty Associations of BC Academic of the Year award
- Ahmed Al-Rawi: How did Russian and Iranian trolls’ disinformation influence Canadian politics?
- Martin Laba: What I'm learning about remote teaching
- The Digital Democracies Institute launch the DDI Blog
- Ahmed Al-Rawi co-authors The COVID-19 Vaccine Communication Handbook
- Listening to the city: Livable Soundscapes soundwalk research workshop
- Labour challenges of food delivery service workers in Metro Vancouver
- Sun-ha Hong: Big Data's promise to solve society's problems falls short
- Welcoming our new School Chairs
- Welcoming Zoë Druick as the new CMNS Director
- Peter Chow-White: Social media during a crisis and how we stay connected
- Transforming Discourses, Information Flows, and Power because: BLACK LIVES MATTER!
- Communication professors developing tools to tackle online abuse
- Communications professor Adel Iskandar embraces storytelling and active dialogue
- COVID-19 Research Information
- Yuezhi Zhao receives Canada's highest academic honour
- Siyuan Yin: On the intersectional approach to researching global migration
- Dal Yong Jin receives the title Distinguished SFU Professor
- Steven Malcic: Envision policy frameworks and user tactics to foster an internet that works for us
- Aleena Chia: Inspired to uncover the infrastructures behind addiction vs engagement in the gaming industry
- Cait McKinney: The transformative history of LGBTQ communities and their communication needs
- Assistant Professors receive SHRCC Grant
- Ellen Balka - implements software to reduce preventable adverse drug events
- Ellen Balka Receives the Paz Buttedahl Career Achievement Award
- Robert Anderson receives the 2018 Chris Dagg Award for International Impact
- Student Stories
- Influential Alumni
- School News
- Return to campus
- Faculty and Research
- Careers & Opportunities
- Faculty and Staff Login
- Contact Us
Faculty and Research
Find School of Communication faculty and research news.
Peter Anderson: BC floods reveals need for systemic change in emergency management January 24, 2022
In November, associate professor Peter Anderson served as the lead for the critical infrastructure...
Karrmen Crey: Indigenous Epistemologies December 13, 2021
As the convener of the new Digital Democracies Institute research stream Indigenous Epistemologies,...
Join the Clubhouse: communication course goes mobile November 29, 2021
Instructor Nicole Stewart teaches her students on the mobile application Clubhouse, the popular...
Victoria E. Thomas: Seek a research question that sparks your curiosity and challenges your personal ideologies November 16, 2021
Welcome Victoria E. Thomas, assistant professor of media and public engagement in the School of...
Peter Anderson: Fighting fires with better emergency communication November 01, 2021
It was a busy summer for SFU School of Communication associate professor Peter Anderson.
Andrew Feenberg retires from the School of Communication August 25, 2021
Later this month, he will retire from Simon Fraser University after 13 years with the School of...
Remembering R. Murray Schafer August 20, 2021
R. Murray Schafer, former professor in the School of Communication and acoustic ecologist who...
CMNS faculty members receive tri-council grants to support their research August 12, 2021
FCAT researchers continue to receive acknowledgement for their important contributions in the form...
Cait McKinney receives the 2021 Gertrude J. Robinson Award June 10, 2021
Cait McKinney, assistant professor in the School of Communication received the 2021 Gertrude J....
Ellen Balka and UBC researchers take aim at preventing adverse drug events June 08, 2021
SFU professor Ellen Balka and UBC professor Corinne Hohl spent a decade of research on developing...