- Current Students
- Community & Events
Faculty and Research
- COVID-19 Research Information
- Yuezhi Zhao receives Canada's highest academic honour
- Siyuan Yin: On the intersectional approach to researching global migration
- Dal Yong Jin receives the title Distinguished SFU Professor
- Steven Malcic: Envision policy frameworks and user tactics to foster an internet that works for us
- Aleena Chia: Inspired to uncover the infrastructures behind addiction vs engagement in the gaming industry
- Cait McKinney: The transformative history of LGBTQ communities and their communication needs
- Assistant Professors receive SHRCC Grant
- Ellen Balka - implements software to reduce preventable adverse drug events
- Ellen Balka Receives the Paz Buttedahl Career Achievement Award
- Robert Anderson receives the 2018 Chris Dagg Award for International Impact
- Communications professor Adel Iskandar embraces storytelling and active dialogue
- Communication professors developing tools to tackle online abuse
- Transforming Discourses, Information Flows, and Power because: BLACK LIVES MATTER!
- Welcoming Zoë Druick as the new CMNS Director
- Welcoming our new School Chairs
- Sun-ha Hong: Big Data's promise to solve society's problems falls short
- Student Stories
- Influential Alumni
- School News
- Faculty and Research
- Careers & Opportunities
- Contact Us
- Faculty and Staff Login
Transforming Discourses, Information Flows, and Power because: BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Earlier this month, Global Communication at SFU hosted Global Communication: Discourses, Information Flows and Power in Times of Social Change.
The keynote address by Dr. June Francis, Transforming Discourses, Information Flows and Power because: BLACK LIVES MATTER! is now available below.
Dr. Francis is the Director of SFU's Institute for Diaspora Research and Engagement and Associate Professor in the Beedie School of Business. She is an advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion for racialized groups, and works to strengthen links between scholarly research policy and practice related to multi-cultural and diaspora communities. In particular, she promotes their role in building innovative sustainable and inclusive initiatives.