- Current Students
- Community & Events
- Careers & Opportunities
- Contact Us
- Faculty and Staff Login
Book an Advisor
Booking an Appointment
Please bring a printed copy of your current Advising Transcript (sorted by "Both") to every advising meeting.
*During enrollment periods, time-sensitive enrollment issues will take priority and drop-in advising availability will increase.
If your question is time sensitive, please see us during our drop in hours or book an appointment using the button above. In-person meetings are preferable when possible.
The Communication Advising office is in K9650 in Burnaby and HC 3574 in Vancouver. Our advising area in Surrey is located in the SIAT Administrative Office in Podium 2 level of the campus.
Please refer to the Online Advising Schedule for drop-in hours and appointments only.
How to book an appointment:
1. Log into the Advising Appointment Schedule by using your SFU Computing ID and password
2. Select your desired location at the top left corner
3. You can make an appointment by clicking on the “+ Available” (if available) and enter your student information or you can come during drop-in hours offered on a first come, first served basis. There will be a board outside the CMNS Advising office with instructions. Please read all the information posted and have a seat after you sign up your name on the sign-up sheet.
Printing Your Advising Transcript
Please bring a copy of your advising transcript with you.
- Visit go.sfu.ca
- In your main dashboard, click on the dropbox other academics
- Select Transcript: Advising
- *Sort By: Both
Who Should I See?
Advisors are assigned to you. However, if your questions or situation is time sensitive, please visit any of us during drop in hours.
- Future Students
- 0-30 Units
- New students (including transfer students)
- Current CMNS students (Major and Joint Major) with 30 units or less completed
- SFU students who are intending to transfer into CMNS
- SFU students with 30 or less completed units who are intending to transfer into CMNS
- 31 to 60 units
- Current CMNS students (Major and Joint Major) with 31 to 60 units completed
- Post Baccalaureate Diploma Program
- Dialogue Minor Program
- Communication Minor and Extended Minor Programs
- Second Degree students
- SFU students with 31-60 completed units who are intending to transfer into CMNS
- 61 units to degree completion
- Current CMNS students (Major and Joint Major) with 61 units or more completed
- Communication Honours Program
- SFU students with 61 or more completed units who are intending to transfer into CMNS