Featured news coverage, interviews and media mentions
- “CBC reviewing security at all stations in Canada following ‘Fake News’ vandalism in Kamloops”. Kamloops This Week. 28/4/2021.
- “How the spread of COVID-19 misinformation is undermining trust in public health”. CBC News. 28/4/2021.
- “COVID-19 cases at height of B.C.'s 3rd wave disproportionately affecting South Asian communities”. CBC News. 27/4/2021.
- “Calls for government transparency in COVID data continue as B.C.’s 3rd wave wears on”. Peace Arch News. 14/4/2021.
- Recorded TV interview with CBC’s Anita Bathe on COVID-19 and conspiracy theories. CBC Vancouver. 31/3/2021.
- “La désinformation à l'étranger s’abreuve de contenus produits au Canada”. Radio Canada- ICI. 14/3/2021.
- “Russian and Iranian internet trolls caused political interference in Canada’s 2015 election”. The Peak. 9/3/2021.
- Recorded radio interview with Mankiran Aujla on Spice Radio on Iranian and Russian trolls, Vancouver, B.C. 25/2/2021.
- Live radio interview on Bill Kelly Show - Global News Radio regarding Iranian and Russian trolls, Hamilton, Toronto, ON. 25/2/2021.
- “Foreign Trolls Use Social Media to Influence Canadian Politics”. My Cowichan Valley Now. 23/2/2021.
- “Study details ways Russian and Iranian trolls tried to influence Canada's 2015 election”. CTVNews. 22/2/2021.
- Live radio interview on Adam Stirling Show - C.Fax Radio regarding Iranian and Russian trolls, Vancouver Island, B.C. 22/2/2021.
- Recorded radio interview with Mike Patterson on Vista Radio Station on Iranian and Russian trolls, Duncan, Vancouver Island, B.C. 18/2/2021.
- “Foreign trolls tried to impact 2015 federal election: SFU researcher”. News 1130– CityNews -Vancouver Radio. 18/2/2021 (Recorded interview).
- “Russian and Iranian internet trolls attempted to influence 2015 federal election: SFU study”. The Indo-Canadian Voice. 18/2/2021.
- “Propaganda-pushing trolls from Russia, Iran have spent a decade systematically targeting Canada, study shows”. Toronto Star. 18/2/2021.
- “Les poursuites en diffamation, une arme contre la désinformation?” Radio Canada-ICI. 14/2/2021.
- “COVID-19: Online handbook counters disinformation over vaccinations and other conspiracy theories”. The Vancouver Sun. 11/2/2021.
- “B.C. prof joins 19 global experts to create online guide to fight COVID misinformation”. Surrey Now. 8/2/2021.
- “B.C. prof joins 19 global experts to create online guide to fight COVID misinformation”. The Abbotsford News. 8/2/2021.
- “How this man's 'newspaper' is pushing anti-COVID-restrictions rhetoric across Canada”. Toronto Star. 7/2/2021.
- “Canada Post Carriers Suspended for Refusing to Deliver Pro-Trump Epoch Times”. Vice. 1/2/2021.
- “Who should decide what you can’t say on social media? Debate rages ahead of potential government action”. Toronto Star. 31/1/2021.
- “Online conspiracies can spark offline violence — and it could happen here”. Global News. 8/1/2021.
- “CSIS accuses Russia, China and Iran of spreading COVID-19 disinformation”. Global News. 3/12/2020.
- “'Free speech' upstart Parler attracting conservatives 'sick and tired' of Twitter, Facebook”. CTV News. 29/11/2020.
- “‘Playing with fire’: How politicians can perpetuate baseless conspiracy theories”. Global News. 26/11/2020.
- “How Movies Like COVID-19 Thriller 'Songbird' Can Fuel Conspiracy Theories”. HuffPost- Canada. 2/11/2020
- “'It'll be something new': Canadian election interference likely in unexpected places”. CTV. 1/10/2019.
- “Experts warn of disinformation during election but say political attack ads within legal limit”. Global News. 22/9/2019.
- "Little evidence bots, trolls influencing federal election campaign on social media: researcher”. 1130 Radio- CityNews, Vancouver, B.C., Canada, 12/9/2019.
- “Bots and the 2019 Canadian election”. 660NEWS Radio, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, 12/9/2019.
- “The Electronic Flies war between Saudi Arabia and Qatar”. BBC Arabic Xtra, 21/08/2019.
- “The Early Edition with Stephen Quinn: Russian trolls and the Canadian 2019 election” – CBC Vancouver radio, 6/8/2019.
- “How safe is social media?” - City TV, live show on Breakfast Television Vancouver. 15/5/2019.
- “New Zealand massacre exposed shortcomings at Facebook, YouTube”- The Globe and Mail. 22/03/2019.