- Current Students
- Community & Events
- Careers - Employment - Hiring
- Contact Us
- Faculty and Staff Login
Daniel Ahadi is a Lecturer in the School of Communication and a Research Associate at the Centre for Policy Studies on Culture and Communities at Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada. His research focuses on the development of self and identity within the context of media, migration, globalization, and formation of transnational diasporas. His most recent publications include, "Disrupting the digital: Persian-language community radio in Stockholm and the continued relevance of analogue media in a digital age," in Sherry S. Yu and Matthew Matsaganis (Ed.), Ethnic media in the digital era (Forthcoming, 2019, Routledge) and "Ethnic Media and Acculturation," in Young Yun Kim’s International Encyclopaedia of Intercultural Communication (2018, Wiley).
- BA Simon Fraser University (Communication)
- MA University of Stockholm (Communication)
- PhD Simon Fraser University (Communication)
Future courses may be subject to change.
- CMNS 110: Introduction to Communication Studies
- CMNS 202: Introduction to Qualitative Research Methods in Communication
- CMNS 362: Evaluation Methods for Applied Communication Research
- CMNS 432: Political Communication, Public Opinion, and Political Marketing
- CMNS 448(ST): Ethnic Media
- ® Ahadi, Daniel (Copy-edit stage. Forthcoming 2019). Disrupting the digital: Persian-language community radio in Stockholm and the continued relevance of analogue media in a digital age. In Sherry S. Yu and Matthew Matsaganis (Ed.), Ethnic media in the digital era. Routledge.
- ® Ahadi, Daniel; Nichols, Dugan; Pedri, Jennesia (Copy-edit stage. Forthcoming 2019). Implementing First-Year Experience curriculum in a large first-year communication course. The Canadian Journal of Higher Education.
- ® Matsaganis, Matthew & Ahadi, Daniel (2018). Ethnic media and acculturation. In Young Yun Kim (Ed.), International Encyclopaedia of Intercultural Communication . Wiley-Blackwell.
- ® Ahadi, Daniel (2015). Against all odds: Making underground music in Iran. In Jacqueline Kennelly and Stuart Poyntz (eds.), Phenomenology of youth cultures and globalization: Lifeworlds and surplus meaning in changing times. London: Routledge.
- Ahadi, Daniel (2010). Towards a cross-cultural approach to mental health and counselling in Vancouver: Development of S.U.C.C.E.S.S.’s mental health counselling and support services for immigrant communities. Vancouver: Centre for Policy Research on Culture and Communities. Report to S.U.C.C.E.S.S. & Metropolis (80 pages).
- ® Yu, Sherry & Ahadi, Daniel (2010). Promoting civic engagement through ethic media. PLATFORM: Journal of Media and Communication. 2 (2), 54-71.
- ® Ahadi, Daniel & Murray, Catherine (2009). Urban mediascapes and multicultural flows: Vancouver’s communication infrastructure. Canadian Journal of Communication, 33 (2), 587-612.
- ® Ahadi, Daniel (2009). L’Affaire Hérouxville in context: Conflicting narratives on Islam, Muslim women, and identity. Journal of Arab and Muslim Media Research, 2 (3), 241-260.
- Murray, Catherine, Yu, Sherry & Ahadi, Daniel (2007). Cultural diversity and ethnic media in British Columbia. Vancouver: Centre for Policy Research on Culture and Communities. Report to the Department of Canadian Heritage (144 pages).
® denotes peer-reviewed
Media representation; post-colonial theory; critical race studies; multiculturalism; ethnic media; applied research in curriculum design and theories of learning; critical analysis of academic research traditions and methodological practices.