- Creative support
- C&M staff
About Communications & Marketing
Welcome to your toolkit! SFU’s Communications & Marketing team members are consultative problem-solvers who deliver strategies that help inform our key audiences and influence their attitudes, perceptions and behaviours in support of SFU’s vision: to be Canada’s engaged university. We:
- Manage and champion SFU’s brand and reputation by effectively communicating SFU’s vision and priorities
- Deliver excellent experiences to our audiences through integrated, multi-channel content
- Proactively identify, plan for, and manage reputational issues across the university
- Lead by example the value of strategic communications and marketing
- Work in partnership with SFU's network of communicators to reflect SFU's brand attributes in our collective work
Areas of expertise
Operational and communications excellence
At the university level, we work on:
- University-wide strategic communication
- Communications plans and campaigns
- Channels and content
- Market research and analytics
We provide communications consulting, planning and support services to the university’s senior administration team and Office of the President.
Media relations and public affairs
We aim to increase SFU’s reach locally, nationally and globally and take a strategic approach to media relations.
Our content production team helps to bring the SFU story to life with a variety of guidelines, templates and brand assets. We can also provide in-house design, video, web and photo services, or recommend outside vendors to incorporate SFU’s brand look and feel into your communications material. Brand questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.