- About us
- What we do
- SFU Community Engagement
- Stories of impact
- Get involved
- SFU's Strategic Community Engagement Plan
- Canadian Pilot Cohort of the Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- SFU's Community Engagement Initiative
- Warren Gill Award for Community Impact
- SFU Student-Community Engagement Competition
- Burnaby Festival of Learning
- Burnaby Partnerships
- SFU Surrey - TD Community Engagement Centre
COVID-19 Community Resilience Network
Thank you to everyone who has joined us over the last nine months. Since starting this project, we've been priviliged to be a part of so many meaningful conversations and to have made new relationships (or deepened existing ones).
If you are only discovering SFUCOVNET now, please feel free to sign up for our mailing list (below), and/or stay connected on Slack.
While our current series of calls is over, we are looking forward to figuring out what comes next.
~Diane, Chris, Matthew, Elizabeth, Janet and Methu
Join the SFUCOVNET mail list
Sign up to get details for future calls that explore key issues and deepen dialogue and collaboration. While we have finished the current series of network calls, we will keep you informed about future related opportunities for dialogue as well as whatever comes next for SFUCOVNET.
Get updates on SFUCOVNET activities
We will send you emails to keep you updated on future events and opportunities for dialogue. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Our 2020 call series has ended.
But please take a look at the dialogues we held, and use the "recap" links to find summaries, resources and video recordings.
- Wed., Sept. 16th @1:00pm – Anti-fragility and resilience | read the recap
- Wed., Sept. 23rd @1:00pm – Network-led breakout discussions | read the recap
- Wed., Sept. 30th @1:00pm – Ele Chenier, President, Academic Women, SFU on radical inclusion | read the recap
- Wed., Oct. 7th @1:00pm – Network-led breakout discussions | read the recap
- Wed., Oct. 14th @1:00pm – A discussoin with journalist, Frances Bula, about BC's upcoming election | read the recap
- Wed., Oct. 21st @1:00pm – CANCELLED
- Wed., Oct. 28th @1:00pm – Mitchell Reardon and Emma Clayton Jones, The Happy City – building resilience in “main street” | read the recap
- Wed., Nov. 4th @1:00pm – Join us for a hosted discussion about precarious instructors in the post-pandemic academy. Facilitated by Gretchen Ferguson with Anis Rahman | read the recap
- Wed., Nov. 11th – NO CALL (Remembrance Day)
- Wed., Nov. 18th @1:00pm – Join us in discussion with Kim Van Der Woerd, Founder of Reciprocal Consulting, for a dialogue on the colonial nature of current systems of research and evaluation. How do we transform these systems? | read the recap
- Wed., Nov. 25th @1:00pm – Ele Chenier returns to facilitate a discussion on how radical inclusion might address the issue of women academics falling behind | read the recap
- Wed., Dec. 2nd @1:00pm – Join us in a conversation with SFU President, Dr. Joy Johnson about SFU’s role in transformational change. | read the recap
- Wed., Dec. 9th @1:00pm – Join us in a discussion about our network. Using Thoughtexchange, we'll ponder the question: "SFUCOVNET: what worked well, and what didn't?"
Stories of network impact
Right from the start, responsive action projects got going thanks to connecting and sharing ideas on SFUCOVNET. Here are a few examples of stories that have emerged from this work.
February 22, 2021
University education is a pricey undertaking for students. Some are taking leave for financial...
February 10, 2021
When SFU Galleries’ three spaces closed in March 2020 in response to COVID–19, staff there...
January 11, 2021
To ensure we are doing everything we can to keep ourselves and each other safe during COVID-19, SFU...