Associate Professor, School of Computing Science
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2010
- B.Sc. Joint Honors in Mathematics and Computer Science, McGill University, 2006
- Computational Biology
- Computational Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases
- Helping students develop interdisciplinary competencies
- Rigourous methodology and critical thinking
Recently taught courses
CMPT 441/711 Computational Biology
Teaching In Spring 2016:
CMPT 829 Advanced Bioinformatics Algorithms
Selected recent publications
- Leonid Chindelevitch, Caroline Colijn, Prashini Moodley, Douglas Wilson, Ted Cohen.
ClassTR: classifying within-host heterogeneity based on tandem repeats with application to Mycobacterium tuberculosis infections. PLoS Computational Biology, 12:2 (2016).
- Leonid Chindelevitch, Nicolas Menzies, Carel Pretorius, John Stover, Joshua Salomon, Ted Cohen.
Evaluating the potential impact of enhancing HIV treatment and tuberculosis control programmes on the burden of tuberculosis. Journal of the Royal Society Interface, 12:106 (2015).
- Leonid Chindelevitch, Jason Trigg, Aviv Regev, Bonnie Berger.
An exact arithmetic toolbox for a consistent and reproducible structural analysis of metabolic network models. Nature Communications, 5:4893 (2014).