Develop the skills you need to strengthen your community
There is exciting Aboriginal activism and capacity building happening in Canada and around the world. Aboriginal people are building healthy economies and environments as they honour their unique cultures, traditions, and ways of life.
We’ve designed the Stepping Stones Certificate in Community Capacity Building especially for rural Aboriginal communities. The program will support you as you develop the skills you need to create the kind of community you want to live in. You will choose, plan, implement, and evaluate a real project that will have a positive impact in your community.
Nurture community leadership
During the Stepping Stones program, you will engage in many learning and community-building activities:
- Get the tools you need to make a positive difference
- Increase your knowledge about issues of critical importance to your community
- Build connections with community members
- Get experience and education that you can easily put into a resume, portfolio, or school application to help you pursue your goals
Benefit from a program and schedule that’s customized for you
We offer this program in partnership with your Aboriginal community or organization. The curriculum is available in an interactive, online setting. A community-based mentor will guide you through the program, following a schedule that works for you and the rest of your group.
Building on the strengths and resources that your community already has, we can craft the content to address any number of issues, including the following:
- Aboriginal health and wellness
- HIV and social determinants of health
- Creating positive programs and activities for youth
- Finding ways to share traditions and culture in your community
- Connecting with land-based knowledge and traditions to create positive activities for all generations
Please contact us to discuss how we can work with you and your group or organization to create a program that will work for you.
Is Stepping Stones for you?
We have designed the Stepping Stones Community Capacity Building Certificate for Aboriginal people who want to expand their skills, share them with others, and make a positive difference in their rural communities.