Thank you for your interest in Bria Stretto, a VoIP client that connects to the SFU phone system. We have outlined below a list of the benefits and features that are available, as well as some of the current limitations.
- Open Standards based next generation telephony client
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) based signaling for all interactive media sessions
- Security offering signaling & media encryption via TLS and SRTP streams
- High Quality G.711 u-law Codec standard for enhanced Audio Quality
- Other Codecs can be supported for Low Bandwidth Connections or HD-quality audio
- Comprehensive Personal Address Book, including detailed calls lists and history
- Zero-Touch Configuration of your audio or video devices
- Microsoft Outlook integration allowing you to import your address book into your Bria Stretto contact list and dial directly from the application
- Multi-party Voice and Video Conferencing
- Voice & Video Call Recording
Bria Stretto is designed and supported for running on Windows, Mac OSX, Apple iOS and Android devices.
||- XP SP3 or Vista or Windows 7
- Intel Core Duo
- 2 GB RAM
- IP network connection
- USB headset or Full-duplex 16-bit sound card
- Video card with DirectX 9.0c support
|Mac OS X
||- OS X 10.6 or above
- Intel Core Duo
- 2 GB RAM
||- Android V2.2 or later|
||- Android V3.0 or later
||- iOS 5+
||- iPhone 4 running iOS
- iPod Touch (4th Generation)
A full duplex sound card and a microphone/headset is also required for PCs. Most USB Headsets work very well with Bria Stretto.
- Bria Stretto client has been tested worldwide and proven reliable overall. However it relies on network open routing and we have encountered situations where its use is blocked by firewalls or routers and we therefore cannot guarantee service off the SFU Campuses.
- Bria Stretto comes configured with support for the STUN Protocol for Seamless NAT Firewall traversal whenever possible.
- Bria Stretto comes with 3 years of Software support as well as a SIP Account on the SFU SIP servers.
- Faculty and Staff are also able to request an SFU 778-78X-XXXX number to go along with their Bria Stretto softphone, at a recurring cost less than a regular campus telephone.
The Bria Stretto Phone Service also comes standard with the following features
- Call Transfer, Call Hold, Auto Answer, Do Not Disturb, Flexible Call blocking, and Call Recording
- Records missed calls, received calls, and dialed calls. Dialing any number on those records is as easy as double-clicking the number listed.
- A Digital Voicemail Box that can store Messages on the SIP Server and will forward voicemails to your Email address as attachments when they are received.