- Contact Us
Christeen Livingstone joins SFU in new role to support with workplace concerns and complaints
SFU welcomes Christeen Livingstone in a newly developed role as Conflict Resolution and Investigation Specialist, providing support and advice to staff of the university with respect to workplace concerns and complaints. The role will also support faculty or student-related concerns.
The Conflict Resolution and Investigation Specialist is part of the People, Equity and Inclusion portfolio, reporting into Human Resources and Labour Relations office. Working closely with partners including the Human Rights Office, the Bullying and Harassment Hub and the Sexual Violence Prevention and Support Office, the Conflict Resolution and Investigation Specialist will help increase support systems for the SFU community. Individuals experiencing or witnessing difficult or traumatic situations are encouraged to report the incident to any of the above offices or to Christeen to receive confidential guidance or be directed to appropriate resources and supports.
An experienced case manager known for managing concerns in a safe, respectful, and culturally humble way, Christeen’s experiences have allowed her to focus on building strong working relationships and trust with people to productively manage conflicts. Prior to joining SFU, she worked at the BC College of Nurses and Midwives, Provincial Health Services Authority, Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada, and the BC College of Social Workers, assessing and guiding employees through interpersonal and workplace concerns, managing files case-by-case and conducting investigations as needed. She has a Master’s degree in Conflict Analysis and Management from Royal Roads University and knowledge in trauma-informed practice and project management.
SFU is working to help the community navigate the supports available to them, understand policies and enact their rights and responsibilities to fostering a safe and respectful workplace and environment at SFU.
If you or someone you know are in need of support:
- To report or discuss discrimination, connect with the Human Rights Office.
- To report or discuss a bullying and harassment concern, connect with the Bullying and Harassment Hub.
- To report sexual violence, connect with the Sexual Violence Support and Prevention Office.
- To report a workplace concern or complaint, you can reach out to the Conflict Resolution and Investigations Specialist beginning mid-August.
- For all other concerns or questions, you can also contact your supervisor, Dean, Strategic Business Partner, Faculty Relations or Office of Student Support, Rights and Responsibilities. Faculty and staff can also contact the Office of People, Equity and Inclusion to be directed to the appropriate resources. Students are encouraged to connect with the Office of Student Support, Rights and Responsibilities.