About The City Program
Understanding of the city and how we as citizens can participate in shaping its future is at the heart of the City Program at SFU Continuing Studies.
We bring together the best teachers and speakers from the field to our professional development programs, courses and lectures. Our courses also qualify for continuing education credits with many associations, including the Planning Institute of British Columbia and the British Columbia Society of Landscape Architects.
The City Program Endowment Fund helps support our free lectures and course programming.
The City Program is committed to reaching a diverse audience. Since 1992, grants and sponsorships from many organizations have made it possible for us to offer free public lectures, courses and workshops for professionals, students and the general public.
- 2010 Metro Vancouver RAIC Award of Excellence, Advocate of Architecture—Community, awarded to Gordon Price, our program director
- 2007 CAUCE Marketing Award, Canadian Association for University and Continuing Education, Website Category
- 2007 Smart Growth BC's Smarty Award, People Category, awarded to Gordon Price, our program director, for leadership in promoting a smart growth community vision
- 2004 CAUCE Award of Excellence, Canadian Association for University Continuing Education, for the Urban Design Certificate Program
- 2002 Heritage Society of British Columbia Honourable Mention for design and development of continuing education courses for the BC heritage conservation community
- 2001 CAUCE Award of Excellence, Canadian Association for University Continuing Education, for The City Program
- 1999 City of Vancouver Heritage Award of Honour, in recognition of outstanding contribution to heritage advocacy and education in Vancouver
- 1996 City of Vancouver Heritage Award of Honour, in recognition of the Strathcona Residents' Association and the City Program's Strathcona Front Porch Project