This course will enable you to develop your legal translation skills by translating a wide variety of legal documents. After overviews of both English-Chinese and Chinese-English legal translation, you’ll engage in hands-on practice.
Instructor: Alex Fu
What you will learn
After completing this course, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Describe the characteristics of legal translation
- Conduct terminology, subject-matter and background research
- Deliver legal translation that meets the expectations of professional standards
- Apply what you have learned in this course when working on the translation section of a certification examination
How you will learn and be evaluated
- Prepare to spend 2–3 hours per week on coursework in addition to attending classes
- Expect lectures, presentations, case studies and discussions
You’ll be evaluated on:
- Exams and quizzes
To graduate with the Legal and Interpretation and Translation Certificate, complete all courses with an overall grade of B– (70%).
For online courses, you will need a computer with audio and microphone that is connected to the internet. Canvas is the online system that will be used for the course. For more information and online support, visit Online Learning.