Professional Ethics and Conduct for Legal Interpreters and Translators
This course will prepare you for professional practice in legal and court interpretation and translation. You’ll receive an introduction to the professional and ethical responsibilities of legal interpreters and translators and become aware of practices and protocol.
Instructor: Karin Reinhold
What you will learn
After completing this course, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Describe the professional standards expected of legal interpreters and translators
- Describe professional ethics and conduct for legal interpreters and translators
- Provide legal interpretation and translation services in a professional and ethical manner
- Apply what you have learned in this course when working on the professional ethics and conduct section of a certification examination
How you will learn and be evaluated
- Prepare to spend 2–3 hours per week on coursework in addition to attending classes
- Expect lectures, presentations, case studies and discussions
- Participate in supervised practice sessions
You’ll be evaluated on:
- Exams and quizzes
To graduate with the Legal and Interpretation and Translation Certificate, complete all courses with an overall grade of B– (70%).
For online courses, you will need a computer with audio and microphone that is connected to the internet. Canvas is the online system that will be used for the course. For more information and online support, visit Online Learning.