Ethic and Protocols for Medical Translators and Interpreters
This course offers the tools you need to understand and apply the principles and values of Professional Translators’ and Interpreters’ Code of Ethics in any scenario you may encounter. You will learn through group discussion and analysis, and sample scenarios will demonstrate the effective application of standards of practice to real-life situations.
Instructor: Young Joe
What you will learn
After completing this course, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Identify and demonstrate the role and responsibilities of medical interpreters and medical translators
- Apply the principles and values of the Medical Translators’ and Interpreters’ Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct in practice in health care settings
- Recognize the barriers and problems medical interpreters and translators encounter in their services
How you will learn and be evaluated
- Prepare to spend 2–3 hours per week on coursework in addition to attending classes
- Expect lectures, presentations, case studies and discussions
- Participate in supervised practice sessions
You’ll be evaluated on:
- Exams and quizzes
To graduate with the Medical Translation and Interpretation Certificate, complete all courses with an overall grade of B– (70%).
For online courses, you will need a computer with audio and microphone that is connected to the internet. Canvas is the online system that will be used for the course. For more information and online support, visit Online Learning.