Lisa MacLean has a PhD in interdisciplinary studies and an MFA in visual art from UBC. She has also studied at Emily Carr University of Art and Design, and has taught in the Department of Liberal Studies at Vancouver Island University.
She has an active exhibition record as an artist, exhibiting widely both locally and abroad in many galleries, artist-run centres and museums. She works mainly in digital media and installation.
She has designed and led study abroad programs to Italy and Turkey, focusing on Western cultural history, art, architecture, philosophy and literature.
- Art Now: What's Happening in Contemporary Art (55+) SCFC854
- Light Your Creative Fire: Creative Thinking Through the Arts LIB131
- Modern Art (55+) SCFC708
- Oh Canada! Perspectives On Canada Today AHCP250
- Print It!: A Short History of Western Print Art (55+) SCFC763
- Representing the Body in Visual Art (55+) SCFC916
- Revisiting the 1960s–Pop Art to Op Art: The Psychedelic 60s AHCP275