Craft Beer and Brewing Essentials
Turn your passion into a career
Ready to get serious about craft beer? Whether you’re a home brewer or aspiring business owner, our craft beer courses and certificate program will provide you with a solid foundation in the art, science and business of brewing.
- Take conveniently scheduled evening and weekend courses
- Experience a blend of in-class training and tours of local breweries
- Explore all aspects of craft beer from production to sales
- Learn from brewing industry professionals
Take our craft beer courses one at a time to suit your work schedule.
View craft beer and brewing essentials courses:
29 Brewing Sciences Laboratory BREW410 BREW410-SU11941
10 Ingredient Development and Fermentation BREW210 BREW210-VA11941
3 Introduction to Brewing BREW110 BREW110-SU11971
15 Craft Beer Business Fundamentals BREW130 BREW130-SU11971
14 Quality Assessment of Beer BREW220 BREW220-SU12011
26 Brewing Sciences Laboratory BREW410 BREW410-SU12011
Finish in 10 months
Through lectures, assignments and lab work, our hands-on Craft Beer and Brewing Essentials Certificate can prepare you to launch or further your career in the craft beer industry in as little as nine months.
You'll learn about:
- Steps in the process of commercial beer production
- The principles of operating and marketing a craft beer business
- Standard approaches to assessing beer quality
- Ingredient development for beer production
Is this program for you?
We've designed our certificate for anyone interested in developing their practical knowledge of the craft beer industry. Our students include:
- Home brewers wanting formal training
- Recent graduates planning to launch a career in craft beer
- Craft beer entrepreneurs in need of foundational knowledge
- Professionals building their expertise in beer production, operations, marketing or sales