Create beautiful, vibrant and sustainable spaces
Creating spaces that combine function, visual appeal and sustainability is the urban design challenge of this century. Our award-winning Urban Design program provides an interdisciplinary approach to the craft of place-making and place-keeping. With perspectives and tools from the fields of architecture, landscape architecture, planning, civil engineering and a host of other disciplines, you'll learn to help communities of all sizes to reach their full potential.
- Choose from short, intensive courses designed for working professionals
- Learn from leading urban design professionals across Canada
- Work with a cohort of peers and build a strong professional network
- Earn continuing education credits with various professional association
2-3 days / course
$650-$950 / course
Take our short and intensive courses one at a time to suit your schedule.
View urban design courses:
- Theory and Practice URBD780
- Designing Integrated Neighbourhoods URBD783
- Urban Vitalization URBD784
- Economic Fundamentals URBD785
- Visual Communication URBD786
- Ecological Planning and Sustainable Design URBD787
- Public Realm URBD789
- Planning for Transportation and Accessibility URBD790
- Implementation Methods URBD791
Finish in 2 years
Our Urban Design Certificate includes electives that allow you to focus on specific urban design issues ranging from transportation to urban revitalization.
You'll learn to:
- Understand the economic, social and environmental considerations involved in effective urban design
- Communicate visually through hands-on graphic techniques
- Become familiar with the history and principles of urban design and place-making
- Improve your visual spatial awareness
Is this program for you?
This program is for urban design professionals looking to make a difference in their community, including: