Your community can be functional, beautiful and sustainable
Effective place-making and place-keeping is both an art and a science. Designing places that combine sustainability with beauty and function is the urban design challenge of this century—but it's attainable. An alliance of architecture, landscape architecture, planning, civil engineering and a host of other disciplines will allow our cities, towns and villages of all sizes to reach their full potential.
If you're not ready to apply to the Urban Design Certificate, you're welcome to take urban design courses one at a time (with the exception of Studio courses) when space is available.
- Studio I: Analytic Tools URBD778
- Studio II: Synthesis of Urban Form URBD779
- Theory and Practice URBD780
- Designing Integrated Neighbourhoods URBD783
- Urban Vitalization URBD784
- Economic Fundamentals URBD785
- Visual Communication URBD786
- Ecological Planning and Sustainable Design URBD787
- Public Realm URBD789
- Planning for Transportation and Accessibility URBD790
- Implementation Methods URBD791
Attend an online info session
There are currently no info sessions scheduled.
Be the first to know
Sign up for email updates about this program.
Hear from an instructor
Come to a lecture
The urban issues public lecture series focuses on urban issues and consists of 15 to 20 lectures each year.