Occupational Health and Safety
Lead the way to a safe and healthy workplace
In our program and courses, you’ll learn to plan, promote, implement and evaluate workplace safety management programs. Created in consultation with safety industry leaders, our program is aligned with the competency categories identified by the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals.
- Apply course hours towards the Canadian Registered Safety Technician certification
- Learn from industry leaders
- Build a professional network of peers
View occupational health and safety courses:
Location update: In-person courses have been moved to online-supported delivery through August 31, 2021.
8 Safety Hazard Recognition, Evaluation and Control OHS520 OHS520-SU12071
10 Workplace Wellness OHS540 OHS540-SU12071
12 Safety Hazard Recognition, Evaluation and Control OHS520 OHS520-ON12111
13 Health and Safety Legislation and Policy OHS525 OHS525-ON12111
14 Health and Safety Risk Management OHS530 OHS530-SU12111
4 Management of Health and Safety Systems OHS510 OHS510-ON12141
14 Fundamentals of Occupational Hygiene OHS515 OHS515-SU12171
- Introduction to Health and Safety Systems OHS505
- Management of Health and Safety Systems OHS510
- Fundamentals of Occupational Hygiene OHS515
- Safety Hazard Recognition, Evaluation and Control OHS520
- Health and Safety Legislation and Policy OHS525
- Health and Safety Risk Management OHS530
- Workplace Wellness OHS540
6 core courses + 78 hours of electives
13 weeks/OHS course
$3,824 + electives
Our certificate program combines six core courses with electives that will broaden your skill set to meet the increasing demands of the workplace safety field.
Note: The program will be offered in its current format until December 2021, and we are not accepting new applications.
You'll learn to:
- Develop, manage and evaluate a workplace health and safety system
- Evaluate and recommend controls for physical, chemical and biological hazards
- Conduct hazard and risk assessments
- Interpret Canada and B.C.’s health and safety legislation
Is this program for you?
We’ve designed our certificate program for those entering the OHS field, as well as for experienced professionals pursuing professional certification or a promotion. Our training will prepare you for a variety of roles, including:
- Safety officer
- OHS advisor, officer or inspector
- Safety, health and environment coordinator
- Workplace safety coordinator
- Occupational hazards specialist
- Environmental auditor
- Work safety consultant