Guide writers to their best work
Expand your editorial skills or get set to launch your career as an editor. Our editing courses and certificate program will provide you with the professional tools and techniques you need to polish diverse writing styles and work effectively with writers.
- Take fully online courses on a flexible schedule
- Learn from experienced working editors
- Build a professional network of peers
- Develop the competencies required for Editors Canada certification
Take our fully online courses one at a time to suit your work schedule.
View editing courses:
21 Basic Proofreading EDIT220 EDIT220-ON11872
21 Final Project: Editing EDIT410 EDIT410-ON11871
9 Document Design and Production for Editors EDIT240 EDIT240-ON11911
16 Editors and Editing: An Introduction EDIT110 EDIT110-ON11911
16 Grammar EDIT250 EDIT250-ON11911
17 Ethics and Legal Issues in Writing and Publishing BCPW210 BCPW210-ON11911
23 Stylistic Editing EDIT320 EDIT320-ON11911
13 Final Project: Editing EDIT410 EDIT410-ON11911
20 Basic Proofreading EDIT220 EDIT220-ON11911
27 Structural Editing EDIT330 EDIT330-ON11911
6 Copy Editing EDIT210 EDIT210-ON11911
6 Editors and Editing: An Introduction EDIT110 EDIT110-ON11912
13 Stylistic Editing EDIT320 EDIT320-ON11912
20 Basic Proofreading EDIT220 EDIT220-ON11912
20 Writing and Editing for the Web EDIT505 EDIT505-ON11911
Finish in 2 years
Our hands-on Editing Certificate can prepare you for a successful editing career in as little as two years.
You'll learn to:
- Identify and correct errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation and usage
- Develop and follow editorial style guides
- Improve a document through structural and stylistic editing
- Work effectively with writers and designers
Through a choice of electives, you can also build specialized skills in indexing, plain language, technical writing and editing, and more.
Is this program for you?
We’ve designed our certificate for new or experienced editors. Our students include professionals who:
- Plan to launch a career in editing or publishing
- Wish to validate work experience with formal training
- Need to prepare for professional certification
- Require skills and credentials to work as a freelance editor